Which sat nav have you got?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which satellite navigation system have you got? How well does it work?

Have your tried any others apart from this one?

I use an Ipaq with Navman software. They want around £100 to upgrade the maps so I'm running with really old maps but it still gets me around. I just get confused when they have build new roundabouts or roads are now one way streets.

My mates called TOMTOM and he does a pretty good job. It is hard to choose a nice voice though. I usually go for the Irish bird instead of the blokes they have. Im a sucker for an accent

Can you get it to have pigeon Japanese/English like some of the Toyota systems? They're really funny. Useless to navigate by but more fun than the radio...

Used a navman for a while. Now got tomtom 6 on my smartphone same as above. also use memory map although thats more for on foot as it uses the ordinance survey maps.

Have been known to use the laptop with autoroute along with blue tooth reciver ( for the smartphone ) on occasion

I use my phone which has GPS built-in and CoPilot Live (i can install any other if I want to but I am happy with CoPilot). One piece for everything, multimedia (MP3), internet (google, such as show me the nearest mcDonald or garage where I am now), phone and all. It connects via the AUX to my car stereo. :)

I had a garmin but wasn't happy with it, now use a Tom Tom, it does its job,
but the software has gone down & I can't upgrade it anymore!:sad2:

Chris.. :blink1:

Medion i had went to the great Sat Nav graveyard just stopped working.
Bought a Garmin Street Pilot 111, bit bulky but great bit of kit.
Now i have a Binatone got it free with az life insurance policy, good bit of kit has speed/traffic light camera alerts seem to update automatically, does the job.

My mates called TOMTOM and he does a pretty good job. It is hard to choose a nice voice though. I usually go for the Irish bird instead of the blokes they have. Im a sucker for an accent

Snap - same here :bigsmile:

i rarely need a satnav so when i do ill just use the one on my phone. Which is only google. But i think ive used that once. Ill usually just look at A map anf memorise the route :)

I find mine handy for the estimated arrival time it gives me. Plus it's pretty good at calculating alternative routes if say the motorway is blocked and I have to come off.

I too like having an ETA, it really does take the pressure off knowing you are going to get there in time and the estimates are now pretty accurate.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back