Which Peugeots Utilise BE3 Gearboxes

ninjasta

Wrench Pro
Car
VXR8
Hi all,

I am currently looking for Limited Slip Differential for a Peugeot 406.
The 406 range use the Peuget BE3 5/6speed Gearboxes.
Does anyone know what other models use these gear boxes.
Quaife and KAAZ offer diffs for Peugeot various models but don't list the 406 as an application.

Last edited by a moderator:
the gti 6 has a be3/6 gearbox where as the xsara vts and the 406 sri didn't have that gearbox though it still used the same engine, the 106, 206, 306, 406 and late 205's use the be3 gearbox,
the be3 or be3/6 box won't fit the v6 block as the bell housing pattern is different, I know the v6 box can be fitted to the XU block with a bit of work but I've not seen it the other way round, the ML gearbox you have is stronger so stick with that

but surely they must do a slippy diff for the v6, if not then I think quaffie can make one offs

Last edited:
the gti 6 has a be3/6 gearbox where as the xsara vts and the 406 sri didn't have that gearbox though it still used the same engine, the 106, 206, 306, 406 and late 205's use the be3 gearbox,
the be3 or be3/6 box won't fit the v6 block as the bell housing pattern is different, I know the v6 box can be fitted to the XU block with a bit of work but I've not seen it the other way round, the ML gearbox you have is stronger so stick with that

but surely they must do a slippy diff for the v6, if not then I think quaffie can make one offs

Thanks the update - It doesn't look like the BE3 diff unit will fit my box.
Do You know what full code number for the V6 Box - My local dealer hasn't been that helpfull -
I'll ask Quaife if they have done one for this application before. Maybe fortune will favour me.

Sadly if I can't source a decent diff it is unlikely I'll fitting a FI kit to it. Which would be a shame the V6 engine should - theoretically - be a good base to start from.

I do believe they have done one for the V6 before, so it shouldn't be too much for them,

Depending if you have a cable clutch or a hydraulic clutch it could be one of 2 gear boxes,

ME5 is the cable one,
ML5T is the hydraulic one,

hope this helps