Which one ???

yankfan101

Torque Junkie
Car
1987 Range Rover
Im gonna' junk my wheels for either a jag x dti or a rover 75 dti but cant decide , both have good & bad points, any pointers as to which one you'd get..:D:D

I prefer the Jag over the 75. However I do like the ZT and that runs the BMW diesel as does the 75, so pretty reliable. The 75 is more old mans with wood and leather, the ZT is more sporty. Budget will dictate what suits.

I think budget will be the deciding factor, but if the 75s got a turbo then i'll get one a tadge bigger, got a mate who works for BMW uk, :D but totaly agree, an old mans car....

The ZT is a good car, well built and handle quite well. Have driven a few, would have bought a ZT-T diesel instead of the Vectra but there was not enough load space for three Dalmatians. Wouldn't mind the 260 ;)

The Rover 75 will be a lot cheaper to run in the long term, Jag parts are very expensive, think brakes, clutch, cambelt, servicing, tyres.

Many thanks guys, so maybe the 75, ooooorrrrrrr, spend £500-£600 on the 45 ??? needs new g/box barings,(how do u spell that ? ), & d/shafts too + a recon steering pump so whaddya fink ???

plenty old enuff, just need econ & comfort nowadays, but a bit of poke to go with it would be a bonus.....BIG TURBOS, love 'em.

Saab makes very good use of the Fiat derived four cylinder diesel units. They tune readily with no more than a remap and general reliability and durability are good.

BMW's straight six diesels are sensational but I despise the image the badge projects of the driver. That's coming from someone who owns and drives a bl***y BMW.

that Fiat 4cyl. diesel must be a good one, rumor is GM Chevy is gonna use one in new the chevy Kruze, sedan!

its about time!

GM still has a business interest in Vauxall/opel, so makes sense , its only a matter of time!

seems like USA diesel fuel has been improved, on one of my older diesel cars it used to smoke going up hills , now it does not smoke at all, same hills!

and feels like a little more power.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back