Which oil brand do you use

I use the VAG group Quantum Gold, I can get it trade price and much cheaper than high street stores selling the usual makes. If it is for one of the high milers in the household I use the local motor factors best.

:amazed: OMG, I don't know. :embarrest:

Please dont ban me from Tarque cars. I have never touched the oil. I check it once a month and it rearly moves. I get the oil done on a service. So what ever Mr Mitsubishi puts in.

Sorry to let you guy's down. :sad2:

I used to use Castrol GTX in the rating required for the type of engine, but now since buying the Honda I use their own VTEC 15w40 semi synthetic oil

Please dont ban me from Tarque cars. I have never touched the oil. I check it once a month and it rearly moves. I get the oil done on a service. So what ever Mr Mitsubishi puts in.

You should regularly check your oil levels even with an Evo with its 2 month oil change schedules or whatever it is cos I know it is quite short.

That's very good! I know two chaps who have Evo's and they are both oil hungry! ;)

That's very good! I know two chaps who have Evo's and they are both oil hungry! ;)

Mine is a good girl! :love:

She is good to me. Got her serviced in the summer, and the oil has only gone down about 8mm. Not even on half yet!

I dont like the idea of ''topping up'' in my car. I have always done it before in my Mazda and Ford, but I like to keep my baby sweet. Either that or I have too much money to burn! :toung:

Silkoline or Amosil in anything fairly modified, but I have some standard Ford fully synth to service the FRS with over christmas weather permitting as it's pretty good stuff for a standard car, and nearly half the price of the Silkoline I used to use in the Punto!

I had wondered about that after I had read it! Why would you use an additive and what is its purpose please?

Thinga like Slick 50 claim to coat the engine internals to reduce friction. By this logic people with furred-up arteries due to cholesterol should be fitter than anyone else.

Others are basically concentrated solutions of the addiditives that a decent oil should have anyway.

Best off with regular oil changes.

Additives generally do no harm. They do no good either. However, some can be very damaging. More is not always better. And what if your chosen additive uses different chemicals to achieve it's objective compared to the ones in the engine oil you use? There are many ways to skin a cat.

Incompatibility could lead to the oil turning to glue.

Additives generally do no harm. They do no good either. However, some can be very damaging. More is not always better. And what if your chosen additive uses different chemicals to achieve it's objective compared to the ones in the engine oil you use? There are many ways to skin a cat.

Incompatibility could lead to the oil turning to glue.

Ouch! think I will stick with the Mobil 1 :)

Ouch! think I will stick with the Mobil 1 :)

It's a good oil. It's wise to stick with a manufacturer approved oil. Note that when I say approved I mean one that's tested by the actual car maker, NOT an oil which simply has the same spec as an approved oil.

I'll probably stick with the Castrol 0w/40 in the BMW, it works well and strangely this is cheaper than the 0w/30 or 5w/30 oils from Castrol.

The engine is not a stressed one, no turbochargers to heat things up so it's not as critical as a high performance engine.