Which muffler can make the loudest turbo sound for ur car?

this one ;)

2615_12mg.jpg

what do you mean by the turbo sound?

A Cherry Bomb is probably as loud as you can get. I used to be a big fan of the Peco Big Bore 4. Can you still get them?

If I have a Scion TC, which type of exhaust will make my car engine sound like turbo engine sound?

If I have a Scion TC, which type of exhaust will make my car engine sound like turbo engine sound?

For a small fee I can record a tape of the stagea .

Simple install one speaker under the bonnett and strap the other to the rear box

simplz

The lengths some people go through to make their car SOUND powerful should be shot.

Aye, well, maybe not shot, but sent to live on the moon where there's no risk of audio pollution :)

I have to say I've always liked cars which are whisper quiet and phenomenally rapid at the same time.

If I was financially disposed to buy a £200,000+ car I'd be looking at Bentley or RR. Maybach perhaps - if I could get one in the UK.

Here's a tip. Stop being a little ricer fast and furious wannabe, save up a few grand and BUY AN ACTUAL TURBO KIT! It's a Scion tC. Don't tell me they don't exist. I will provide you with links if you say that.

Whilst I agree 100% about fitting a turbo instead of trying to make it sound like it has one I just don't get your problem with jap cars which you constantly ridicule ( or try to ) by calling people F &F wanabes on a regular basis

It is only a film after all

Surely you don't beleive you get cars and people like that in real life ?
It's like me trying to say all American car drivers and people are like those in The dukes of hazard

No one on the jap scene copies F&F which by the way is in the states for the last episode so presumably you will have to start slagging yank cars now when you mention F & F from now on .

Whilst I agree 100% about fitting a turbo instead of trying to make it sound like it has one I just don't get your problem with jap cars which you constantly ridicule ( or try to ) by calling people F &F wanabes on a regular basis

It is only a film after all

Surely you don't beleive you get cars and people like that in real life ?
It's like me trying to say all American car drivers and people are like those in The dukes of hazard

No one on the jap scene copies F&F which by the way is in the states for the last episode so presumably you will have to start slagging yank cars now when you mention F & F from now on .
I refer to the people as fast and furious wannabes. By that I mean people trying to trick people into thinking their car is faster than it really is with fake turbo sounds, body kits and wings. All show, no go. If the car is modified for show instead of go, I'm gonna call it a ricer fast and furious wannabe, regardless of whether the car is Japanese, American, or European.

I don't have anything against Japanese cars. I DO have a hatred of Honda, but that has more to do with honda fans thinking Vtec is God's gift to the world and Honda refusing to make any enthusiast cars that aren't either a hybrid (CRZ) or rev to the moon (S2000).

I do have a beef with Nissan as well, and only their automatic CVT transmissions and their styling department for letting the Juke exist.

My beef with Toyota is how bland 95% of their cars are. Unlike Nissan and Honda though, Toyota IS trying to fix that.

And for the record, I don't like the Dukes of Hazzard.

Last edited:
Some people try an make their fast cars look slow and some their slow cars look fast, at the end of the day we are all enthusiastic about cars in different ways, nailing people for not seeing things your way all the time is just going to offend some one at some point, and that is not what this forum is about, we suppose to be friendly, but I see too much ridicule going on. '' That does not include giving people s*it for acting unsafely as we don't encourage unsafe acts or mods for that matter.'' Each to their own. Live and let live. Don't have something nice or constructive to say...then keep it to your self.;)

+1

ttc I wont cut and paste your reply because it didnt actually address my points which is par for the course

Incedentally you must be the only person on the planet that thinks ricer is a american or european car

Ricer is a japanese car as I am sure you know really so when you use it you do refer to jap car drivers as far as anyone else is concerned

Then you say you have nothing against jap cars and follow immeadiately with a serious slagging off most of the main brands .

+1

ttc I wont cut and paste your reply because it didnt actually address my points which is par for the course

Incedentally you must be the only person on the planet that thinks ricer is a american or european car

Ricer is a japanese car as I am sure you know really so when you use it you do refer to jap car drivers as far as anyone else is concerned

Then you say you have nothing against jap cars and follow immeadiately with a serious slagging off most of the main brands .
Depends on who you talk to on whether a ricer is only an Asian car. Here's why I call cars riced regardless of origin:
American:
33215300012_large.jpg

European:
3477d1219866645-bodykit-my-jetta-enjoy-some-ricer-car-pics-jetta.jpg

As for 'slagging off' on them. You Europeans have the strangest sayings. If you have a problem with me, PM me about it so I can ignore your opinion properly.

I Love Nissan. So long as it doesn't have a CVT. Their CVTs I know, from experience, fail often.

Toyota is turning their line up around with cars like the Scion tC and Scion FR-S, and the recently revealed Corolla sedan.

I don't mind Honda's as basic transportation. It's when people raise them up as something to be worshiped and idolized that I have a problem. Happens a LOT around here. I've worked on and driven an NSX. I also DO like the S2000. I love the S2000 and NSX. I just don't think they should be hailed as the end-all be-all of performance as most Honda fans seem to think.

I have an accord 02 v6,

Does straight pipe exhaust give me the deep loud sound?

In a word NO! You will notice more noise yes but the final sound is dependent on how many mufflers/silencers remain in the system. Ordinarily you may have one or two mufflers in the pipe close to the engine, followed by the back box with the tail pipe attached. As an experiment you could slowly replace the front mufflers with just a straight piece of pipe and see if the noise produced is to your liking. Also remember that increased engine noise will be noticeable inside the car.
If the car noise is still not too your liking then exchange the rear box to one with less internal wadding inside, this will then produce more noise and maybe the deep loud sound that you seek.

God how i wish people would stop equating loud with good. The only decent sound ive heard recently is from an xkr v8. Even the neighbours evo just drones annoyingly.

Pointless exhaust noise is just that-pointless noise.

Rant over.

Merry christmas. (;->

you can make a dog bark louder but you will never get it go meow

Indeed but we all have to start somewhere, in some instances it is only by making mistakes that we learn. Hopefully the OP will read some of our numerous posts on this forum and learn that exhaust noise does not equal additional power :wink:

God how i wish people would stop equating loud with good. The only decent sound ive heard recently is from an xkr v8. Even the neighbours evo just drones annoyingly.

Pointless exhaust noise is just that-pointless noise.

Rant over.

Merry christmas. (;->

Indeed buddy, you know this and I know this, but our poster is on a learning curve and is yet to realise all this. If he wants noise then so be it, as we all know, noise does not mean power! If the chap wants more noise and is happy with it then I say - OK :wink:

I'm all for the abolition of noise in my own cars but different strokes for different folks I think. Live and let live chaps

Nicely put :smile:

I find that as we have all been there and done that, it is very easy to dismiss the newbies wants for his own chariot.

I made loads of mistakes before coming onto this website :embarrest:

Ultimately though, I have learned so much from you guys and will continue to learn more as my car evolves :smile:

To some, loud can mean cool,fast,more powerful and some motors will never sound good to my ears no matter what SR20DET,Harley D for starters as they sound like trucks but if more noise rocks your boat then just do it BUT don't expect everyone to like it.

if more noise rocks your boat then just do it BUT don't expect everyone to like it.

This is my point exactly buddy, it is johnnxiv's wish to have a louder exhaust system as that will make him happy; if that's what he wants and he actually achieves the sound he is looking for then I say well done, I am happy for you buddy :wink:

Yeah, I agree, I had Primera with the SR20De lowly 130bhp engine. Smooth enough and bullet proof. Noisy tho. Didn't sound fragile but it was an infernal racket about 4000rpm. Which it saw quite frequently given its torque shy nature.