Which is the Best remap for the Leon Cupra R?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just wondering which is the best remap option for the Leon Cupra R. The 225 bhp of the standard engine is plenty quick enough but as they say you can never have too much power! :lol:

I'd be very interested to hear your remap experiences and hear your words of wisdom.

What are the differences if any between this and the similarly powered Audi TT engine?

The best Re-map on the market at the moment is by BSR motorsport. Its essentially a PPC unit (plug and play). The software is sent to you and you can tune your car yourself by plugging it in to the diagnostic port. The software allows you to tune and return your car back to factory in about 12mins. The torque goes up to 389NM and 269bhp. As opposed to the superchips which give less torque and power all at the top end. This allows for 90% of torque at 2000rpm. I have this system and its amazing. Its a little scary. I've also got a K&N induction kit and forge re-circ dump valve. Its a great a combo. The re-map is around £550 inc vat. Its seriously worth getting. Good luck mate.

Hi. No you don't need anything like a laptop or any other kit. The PPC unit comes with everything you need, eg PPC device, Diagnostic cable, USB, CD rom. You get the engine at running temp, then turn ignition off then back on to the second position and plug in PPC. It then says "Tune Car". Press enter and away you go. All the instructions are included and are very simple. The CD rom allows you to connect to BSR when ever you like and upload updates for the tuning. Also if you get any problems you can send them all your ECU stuff over the internet. I haven't has to use this service but its nice to know its there. Thats all free.

Yep. They do nearly all euro and some Jap Turbo cars. The A3 T or S3 has very good power gains. http://www.bsruk.co.uk/. If you have a look here it will give you a list of all the re-maps and different stages available. There are loads. There is also a video that explains how to upload it. I just had a look on the site and it looks like they cover all the turbo'd A3's.

The best Re-map on the market at the moment is by BSR motorsport. Its essentially a PPC unit (plug and play). The software is sent to you and you can tune your car yourself by plugging it in to the diagnostic port. The software allows you to tune and return your car back to factory in about 12mins. The torque goes up to 389NM and 269bhp. As opposed to the superchips which give less torque and power all at the top end. This allows for 90% of torque at 2000rpm. I have this system and its amazing. Its a little scary. I've also got a K&N induction kit and forge re-circ dump valve. Its a great a combo. The re-map is around £550 inc vat. Its seriously worth getting. Good luck mate.

hi mate do you have rr proof of the bsr motorsport claims in power gains ????

I have run it through a diagnostic system. If you drive just a standard Leon Cupra then the power gains are still more than that of someone like superchip or these mobile companies that re-map the ECU. I don't understand what you mean by standard. Is that for the standard Cupra or factory Cupra R. If you bring up the torque curves of both BSR and any other company you'll see that the power comes in much earlier and all the way through the range as opposed to alot of companies that still map the ECU to bring the power and torque gains right at the top end. I hope this helps mate.

I have run it through a diagnostic system. If you drive just a standard Leon Cupra then the power gains are still more than that of someone like superchip or these mobile companies that re-map the ECU. I don't understand what you mean by standard. Is that for the standard Cupra or factory Cupra R. If you bring up the torque curves of both BSR and any other company you'll see that the power comes in much earlier and all the way through the range as opposed to alot of companies that still map the ECU to bring the power and torque gains right at the top end. I hope this helps mate.

i was just currious as ive never heard of a plug and play map before a bit pricey though i mean my stage 1 map was only £300 and the stage 2 custom map was only £250 but i do like the fact that you can reverse it as not to invalidate the warranty but iirc revo do that to as for my car its a cupra 180bhp with a few tweaks ;)

Hey mate. I think BSR are the only people doing the "plug and play" system at the moment. I think there is another swedish company doing one soon. It quite expensive, but I think thats because you own the technology and are able to update all the software over the internet for free. Blimey £300! Thats a bargain. Do Revo do all the updates aswell? With respect to the warranty my Cupra R has just had a couple of "tweaks".