Which colors for my brake disc calipers?

kingmustard

Car
Peugeot 308
I'm getting all four of the brake calipers on my car painted in two weeks time but I can't decide which color(s) to go with.

I was thinking either all four red, or front red/rear black.

Also, the red, do you think it should it be color-matched (Babylon Red) or just use their (the garages) standard red?

Any general thoughts/ideas?

168dcte.jpg

Hi and welcome |B

FWIW I have a red Type R and I want them to stand out so my calipers are bright yellow behind black wheels.:)

Yellow, behind black wheels, on a red car.... Smacks of Ferrari to me ;)

My choice, I like subtle (yeah, right, look at my car!) mods and styling. I matched my calipers to my wheels - black (photo on the left is out of date).

Ultimately the choice of colour is yours.

Hi and welcome to modding cars. Painted brakes is just the start and you will fall down the rabbit hole and leave you bank balance behind :woot:

Lunchy old mate when you've got it you have to ensure people notice so one has to flaunt it and bright canary yellow calipers behind black wheels should be eye catching <B.

Seeing I can't afford a Fezza at the moment :( the FN2 CTR will keep me :)ing at least till my turn to win Lotto finally arrives :lol:

Last edited:
IMO all the calipers should be the same colour. The only exception is if people have drum brakes on the rear, these should NEVER be painted! I've seen this travesty done far too many times to mention on wannabe racers!

Will be getting a pair of rear calipers to have them recoed and powder coated to match the fronts soon.

If you plan to change the rims to something that might show off your calipers a bit more, maybe think about a slate or gunmetal grey, with white manufacturer print. I also like the idea of the yellow behind the black rims, but it may be a bit much for your cars style. Don't want to lose class for flash.