Which cars make the best noise?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Whats your poison?

A screaming VTEC, Roaring V6 the burbling V8 or a Turbo at full chat?
I like the Lazy v8s but I do have a weekness for the noises from a good turbo lump.

Who needs ICE if your car sounds good!

yea this is true the vid on youtube of the topsecret skyline in the tunnel doing 220mph or somthing sounds good also the Merc Slk is a nice one

i like the sound of a v6 and a v8 but love the sound of the lancia delta s4 the whine of the supercharger and the dump of the turbo :love: 1 day maybe
lancia delta s4
watch

hmmm.... i would have to say the

Ascari A10

sounds like a fighter jet from the world wars.

other than that, i just love tuned supra's :)

hmmm.... i would have to say the

Ascari A10

sounds like a fighter jet from the world wars.

other than that, i just love tuned supra's :)

Very few fighter jets in the world wars, almost all were piston engined :) I guess you are thinking about the 27 litre Merlin engine fitted to the Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and Mustang P51 or the bigger 37 litre Griffon fitted to the Spitfire, Spiteful, Firefly and Shackleton. These engines make the most georgous piston engine noise imaginable.

End of today's history lesson :)

Last edited:
yes steve09,saw that ascari on top gear,fecking loud
but the best sounding car ive heard so far is a s2000 with a f1 exhaust
why cant we paste other videos on this site[come on waynne,just car videos,any p;;n or disturbing for other members will result in a total ban]
go to youtube.com,,type in honda s2000 f1 exhaust,and you will see what i mean

My own car makes its turbocharged, mildly overboosted nature heard when you accelerate swiftly. No match for anything else mentioned but still not unpleasant.

Very few fighter jets in the world wars, almost all were piston engined :) I guess you are thinking about the 27 litre Merlin engine fitted to the Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and Mustang P51 or the bigger 37 litre Griffon fitted to the Spitfire, Spiteful, Firefly and Shackleton. These engines make the most georgous piston engine noise imaginable.

yes, yes i do lol... made myself look a bit of an idiot there :blink:

realised what i typed only when i looked back on the thread.
an anyway jet fighters dont make a noise like an ascari, they go

WOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p
an a slight whine in there aswell

i know you said almost all were piston engine.

BUTTTT

The Messerschmitt ME 262 jetfighter saw action in 1944, pretty late in the war i know, but was still in the war :p and the worlds first jet fighter.

i am going to sound completely biased as i have one but the bmw straight six engine sounds awesome especially in 2nd gear when you put your foot down and the sound boomed around the car and every one looks round to see what the hell is making such a lovely noise lol...(how about the aston martin db9 oooohhh nice sound)

My 3.2 V6 with total stainless custom exhaust system inc downpipes! Umm heaven i dont do loud music i just love the growl so much!

I got someone to drive it for me down the road oh the money on the exhaust was worth it for sure!

Skylines have my other vote, love reving then hearing the wastegate blow arr lovely

BMW straight six petrols are lovely smooth things. Maybe too smooth aurally if you like a bit of excitement. Phaeton V10 TDi PD sounds nice but I still like the slight imbalance of the VAG (pseudo) V5 units.

I like the noise of the Rolls-Royce Merlin which has found its way in to a few cars and therefore counts! Really can't beat that noise, especially the supercharged versions.

Next I'd say any smooth V8 like the supercharged 5 litre lump Mercedes are using at the moment.

Then I'd say the rotary from the RX-7 in mild tune sounds like a Doodlebug (which is a good thing, apparently).

i know you said almost all were piston engine.

BUTTTT

The Messerschmitt ME 262 jetfighter saw action in 1944, pretty late in the war i know, but was still in the war :p and the worlds first jet fighter.

...although not as successful as the Gloster Meteor which first flew in 1943, after the "Swallow" (Me 262).

TVR tuscan great standard even better with stainless or my partners work van with us both in the back haha

Last edited: