Where to start with tuning my mazda 6?

DSM81

Car
Mazda 6
Hi, im new here and im finding the site very interesting and resourceful. I have a mazda 6 2.0 turbo diesel which is factory spec, its pretty quick as it is but id definitely like some more power, i find having a diesel better for me as i do alot of miles. Iv read a bit about tuning diesel engines and what i can gather the best place to start would be with an engine remap along with a panel filter amd maybe a new exhaust. My question really is to ask if this is true and if buying an exhaust what would be suitable? Also because of it being a diesel would there be anypoint of fitting an induction kit? Would this disguise the diesel knock sound from the engine at all? Most of the time im not to bothered by this noise but can find it irritating sometimes.
Well im new to this kind of thing and if anyone could give me a few pointers it would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance to any replies.

hey and welcome to the site.
the remap will give you the most power
exhaust wont give you much unless you ditch the cat - diesels arent emmsision tested at the mot so doesnt matter if theres one there or not

Ok well thanks for the reply, im definitely going to start with the remap, il update this page and let know what kind off results i get.

Cheers

induction kit & exhaust tbh for yourself kaplee, very little gains from a remap on a petrol couple of hundred quid and your lucky if you get more than 5-10bhp & little torque gains

hey DSM81 I'm very interested to know how you got on with the remap on your 6 2.0td as this is probably something I'll look at doing on mine

Hello. I have a 100kW 2004 Mazda6 turbodiesel 2.0
I'm planning a remap which hopefully can give about 160-170hp and 360-400Nm.
What else can I do? This Denso fuel system is not a top choice. I thought I could add a propane injection kit. It costs about 1000€ here in Hungary installed with documents. But I don't know if with stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock air inlet and exhaust it would give an additional 10-20% upon the remap. The pro would be not to stress the injectors. The con is the price.
My other idea is a cut-out valve between the turbo and the catalytic converter. This could give some responsiveness, power and torque.
I don't see any method to increase to around 200hp 450Nm which would be very easy with a VAG 1.9 PDTDI with less money.
Any advice?