When will our leaders wake up ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It has been said that "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity"

So they keep increasing the penalties and that has not worked as that is like digging a hole in the wrong place and then digging it deeper .V(

IMO there seems to be no incentives other than ones own survival to take or undergo additional training and instruction post license as IMHO in some countries the bar OR level of competence is set way too low and it appears as if "every child wins a prize" as it seems the powers that be don't want to loose their taxpayer funded jobs by making the test harder and possibly saving lives.

I would highly recommend that a basic defensive driving course followed up by a skid pan course would give the participants a little better understanding of how their car reacts to their inputs as well as what happens when THEY NOT THE CAR looses control at an off road training centre where there is ample space for loss of control exercises to be carried out.

In another life I/we used to have passengers in the car to demonstrate what will happen during the emergency lane change exercise ( the same as the MOOSE test ) if things are done wrong which resulted in the car spinning @ app 80 kmh

Last edited:
100% agree with you. The standards to pass driving test are low. Very glad you Brought up these extra types of courses. I am currently teaching my sister now to drive and learning how to develop a defensive mindset is a must.

It appears to be a great idea- to improve basic driving schools. Unfortunately a whole industry will mobilise its support groups to support the status quo and stop any changes. The car industry will see this as another effort to reduce car usage. Young people appear to be less interested in car and prefer (cheaper) cycles, scooters etc for city use. Are they wrong?
I would like to see more driver training, ( I have had a lot of additional driver training) and from a younger age, with city driver and skid training in a safe training circuit.
We are unlikely to get more roads we just need to make better use of what we have and reduce bottle necks, and dangerous junctions.
If you need a "driving " fix take a drive late at night, or take a holiday to remote empty parts of the USA.

Thanks to both of you for your replies|B

I post various driver and driving topics to hopefully increase awareness and to get people thinking about exactly what they are doing behind the wheel as well as to recognize their shortcomings and to actually do something about them.

It has been said that no man OR woman will admit that they are a bad driver or lover and remain blissfully unaware that they are lacking expertise when involved in either activity BUT sadly so many fail to see their own shortcomings and even worse do nothing to address them :rolleyes: .V(

Last edited: