When should one retire from motorsport ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I am looking forward to being able to have another year enjoying driving my FN2 at track days and closed road events even though many would say that at my age I should be playing bowls or bingo like so many around my age.

But I am in good health workout at my gym 3-5 days a week starting with a 5 minute plank followed by 30 minutes rowing and with weights on alternate days and watch what I eat to be as fit as I am.

I firmly believe that if one thinks that one should act their age and slow down then they will be and act old .

I never feel worried or frightened heading onto the track and always try to beat or equal my previous lap times.

You are as old as you feel IMHO. As long as your reflexed and health allow you to drive safely keep on it.

Age is not as good an indicator of ability or acuity as health.

If you haven't grown up by 30 you don't have to is my motto!

Thanks Eddie |B It's all about enjoyment and trying not to be slow and had a good days driving as fast as possible and finding out more about the car and myself.
Unfortunately since then have caught Covid and was feeling better and the dam thing has got me again.

Thanks Eddie |B It's all about enjoyment and trying not to be slow and had a good days driving as fast as possible and finding out more about the car and myself.
Unfortunately since then have caught Covid and was feeling better and the dam thing has got me again.
Ah damn sorry to hear mate, think I've caught that or some virus (everyone seems to be catching something lately)..... hopefully it's not too bad your end.