When kids borrow your car

OK, firstly, I wish to send a big slap across the face to that boy for wrecking that gorgeous work of art! :sad2:

Secondly, I would like to send two big slaps across the face to the father for being so weak to hand a boy the keys to that ground missile :x

Confirmation of the equation Power>Skill=Crash.

Probably insured and no different to any son crashing father's car, just a tad more exspensive to replace than most.

The families of both kids must be amazed and relieve that they survived the crash, says a lot for the safety shell of the car and not a bad advert for it.

It would be interesting to know if Dad will lend son the keys to the replacement :)

My kids will NOT be borrowing the Elan, end of, period, forget it and get over it.

I wouldn't lend my car to a youngster. Not the fastest car on the road for sure but it's not exactly the slowest either.

My father, however, won't lend me his under any circumstances despite the fact I'm 43 years of age.

Am amazed that the parents are smart enough to have the $$ to buy the car but to be so stupid/dumb to let him anywhere near it. WTH were they thinking???
T9 man I am with you BUT would be far harsher with the punishment handed out.

PS my 15 year old grandson asked me if he can drive my 329 hp Starion and I told him yes................. When hell freezes over!!

Last edited:
My Kids can & do borrow my cars. In fact my sons out in one today meeting his new girlsfriends parents for the first time. My son drives the Cosworth & will attempt a PB the other side of 200mph later this year I shall be in the passengers seat so I must trust him ;). They are after all just cars & fully insured so i dont see any problem with them getting behind the wheel. They are 33 & 35 so probably safer than a senile old fart like myself.

Unless an experienced racer I don't see borrowing a youngster such a powerful car to make sense in any way. Kids will be kids.