Wheels on cadillac deville

atldeville

Car
esclade
Got a late model cadillac deville. Ive been keeping it classy by not putting the big dogs on it, but ive thought about it hard. 22s are the biggest, but requires mods. 20s dont require mods. my questions are this:

1. if i went with 20s, anybody had any experience with transmission or other problems?
2. if i keep the stock size (16in wheels), and just exchange them for 16in chrome wheels, with a deep lip (they do make them,) the tires would be a 225-60-16. would that look corny, or would it be fly and classy at the same time? i WOULD keep the stock size just so i dont mess up the car.

here are the 16in wheels i was thinking about getting:

nfjzbt.jpg

or these

ebc42b.jpg

Hi & welcome to TC :bigsmile:, your post went to moderation because new members need at least ten posts before they can put up pics. It's put there to deter spammers. :D

Last edited:
No, not drastically, but the extra rubber & wheel weight may increase wear on steering components (ball joints etc). Bear in mind the following,

Larger than standard diameter wheels will (slightly) increase top end speed & decrease acceleration.

Wide rubber will reduce acceleration & affect top speed because of the extra friction & it will increase fuel consumption. On the plus side you will have more grip! :amuse:

The larger the wheel you run, the lower the profile tyre will have, this will affect ride quality, but will squirm less when cornering hard.

Really large wheels could make your brakes look disproportionately small! :bigsmile:

At the end of the day it's a game of trade off's & it all depends on what you plan to do with the car & how you drive it. Have you thought about using 18 inch wheels? :D

i found a tire diamater chart and this is what it said: a 225/60/16 combo (which is the stock size of the deville) is about the same size as a 245/35/20 tire combo, just millimeters off. this changed the speedometer by a very small amount, in fact, about 5 miles per every 1,000 miles was the only effect. ( you would show 5 miles less than the actual mileage.) so, according to that, the weight of the tire should be my only concern.