Wheel spacers.

rgodri1

Car
ibiza cupra 1.4tsi
:confused: I drive an Ibiza Cupra 1.9pd 160. The rear wheels seem too far under the arches, I read on some forums about fitting spacers to set the wheels out! Is this a good idea? if so what size do I go for and where from? Also will it have any adverse affect on wheel bearings? Any info appreciated.

its extra weight on the bearings so they will wear out quicker.
if your keeping the same alloys them measure how far off the arch they are and use that as a rough guide.

make sure you go for hubcentric ones though as then the weight is spead across the hub rather than being held on the bolts, they will also sit more central than the washer types.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/

your wanting 5x100 with a bore of 57.1
i wouldnt go more than probably 25mm but it depends on the ET of your current wheels and how far you want them to come out

make sure you go for hubcentric ones though as then the weight is spead across the hub rather than being held on the bolts, they will also sit more central than the washer types.http://

Indeed, I speak from experience here! Wrote off a perfectly good set of discs once because these were diagnosed as the problem with my vicious wobble under braking. Eventually diagnosed correctly by an AA patrolman when I had a puncture :embarrest: hubcentric spacers was ordered via Eibach who make model specific ones - and all was well. :)

I saw a car program called Chop shop ages ago they basiclly used to cut up cars and remake them into a different car,i saw them get some spacers and put on they were about 200mm wide,wonder what that did to the bearings etc!?.

I saw a car program called Chop shop ages ago they basiclly used to cut up cars and remake them into a different car,i saw them get some spacers and put on they were about 200mm wide,wonder what that did to the bearings etc!?.

I remember that programme, Leepu and Bernie - they made some mad cars and had some illustrious clientèle namely Jules Holland and Martin Kemp! I use to love watching that show :)

its extra weight on the bearings so they will wear out quicker.
if your keeping the same alloys them measure how far off the arch they are and use that as a rough guide.

make sure you go for hubcentric ones though as then the weight is spead across the hub rather than being held on the bolts, they will also sit more central than the washer types.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/

your wanting 5x100 with a bore of 57.1
i wouldnt go more than probably 25mm but it depends on the ET of your current wheels and how far you want them to come out

To add to this...

You'll require longer bolts if you use anything bigger than a 3mm spacer. Most kits will include the longer bolts. To advise you on what size spacer you need we need to know what your current offset is and whether or not you're lowered.

Personally I wouldn't bother with just spacers on the back, widening the rear track will make the car understeer more, either leave standard or go wider on the front the same as you want on the rear to keep the handling neutral.