Wheel sizes

jeffyboy

Car
Fiesta Edge 1.25
Looking to buy new alloys. Iv got a ford fiesta edge with 15's and was wondering if bigger wheels actually make a difference and if its okay to put bigger wheels on it? Because they would look a lot better. And if so do i have to order tyres aswell or what? I am totally clueless about this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Looking to buy new alloys. Iv got a ford fiesta edge with 15's and was wondering if bigger wheels actually make a difference and if its okay to put bigger wheels on it? Because they would look a lot better. And if so do i have to order tyres aswell or what? I am totally clueless about this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi mate, and welcome to the nut house! Bigger alloys will look better up to a point. My personal opinion is that if you size up then you need to lower the car as well.

As a rule though, for every size you go up in alloy diameter, you need to go down a size in tyre profile.

For example. If you currently have 205/50/15 (15 being the alloy size) then you would go for 205/45/16 (if you wanted 16s).

Have you got an idea of what sort of alloys you would like?