Whats your summer car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you could swap your current car for a summer car what would you go for?

The summer car you choose must be around the same price as your existing car or we will all be choosing Ferrari's and Lamborghinis.

My top choice would be a Honda S2000 with a tin top option just in case it starts raining.

I've not had a car without A/C since 1997. Interestingly that's only 2 cars, and I still have the second one now! You get used to a/c and when the odd occasion arises I have to use a car without it I REALLY miss it. THe Pug has full climate control which takes car of everything but plain manually operated A/C is just as effective apart from the fact you need to alter the settings here and there.

Try and use the A/c at least 1/2 hour a week even in winter. And get the whole system vacuumed and recharged every 2-3 years.

It amazes me how many drive around with windows open in cars that I KNOW have A/C. What are they playing at? Perhaps they can't work it.

Perhaps my Bentley Continental GTC (OK, the one I don't actually have!) would be pointless as I'd drive it lid up all summer!!

Already have it :) Just replaced old Pinto lump in the Robin Hood with a more powerful one just in time for the sun. I will be testing it out at North Weald either in June or July.

If you fancy a giggle, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjvZGtj9ddg

to see me taking on a certain Skyline. Had him off the line, for around 10 feet :)

Summer car would have to be an M3 Convertible. Can be picked up for ~ £12-14k nowadays.

My summer car choice would be something classic like an MG Midget, a Westfeild or maybe with our iffy weather a Triumph GT6 :amuse:

813a3bce.jpg
0caa4209.jpg
1e4eaa24.jpg

I love something like Hard top Convertible to get the sun and summer air... it could be Mer SL...