What's your favourite used premuim hatch.

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
A friend has a nice mk4 golf. All leather, cruise etc a very nice car. This got me thinking, is there such a car as an executive small batch and which is it? (Used/ old) thank's as always

I'd personally steer away from VW products given the experience with this Passat but that's just my personal preference. BMW 1 Series is probably the definitive article but I don't like the look of the thing one little bit.

Focus Titanium X is interesting.

Yes. I actually read the thread on german engineering. The golf in question is a 2002 model possibly in the safe years. Funnily enough I once read any mercedes post march 93 was not good as that's when the accountants gave the engineers a price to build to as opposed to pre march when the. Engineers built the car then the accountants put a price on it.

I have bitter experience with this bloody Passat. I cannot comment on other models or makes but the E39 528i was superbly built. As was my Primera and was my Peugeot 406. Neither of which are German.

I've never liked the golf. The exterior is OK, but the interior is rubbish in my opinion. Everyone I've been in the interior looks cheaply made with rubbish looking plastics.
The Koreans make a better "looking" interior than zee Germans did on the golf.
The focus is a good suggestion. As would be a Mazda 3. (Same chassis as the focus although it doesn't handle as good)
Merc has a new hatch that looks good, can't put a finger on its name though.

The A3 is a nice package, especially in S3 form but the reliability issues are putting me right off. Interiors in Audis are really smart and well presented.

Does "premium" rule out mainstream cars like the Civic and Lancer?

The new A class has to be a good option for the premium hatch.. and oh my does it sound good in A45 AMG form! That said - the A3/S3/RS3 are all very good premium cars in my experience as much as others havn't had much luck with VAG lately.