Whats your favourite classic car

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Of all those cars you grew up with and that were around before you were born which one is your favourite?

I really like the Beetle but to pick just one classic I think it would have to be a Triumph Stag, the lovely engines and they always make me think of picnics in the summer.

Tough one that as this could be a long list, but the one that springs to mind is the supercharged 4 1/2 ltr Bentley. It had everything, presence, pedigree and engineering excellence.

The 4 cylinder M3 BMW
I loved it when Tony Longhurst drove it 10/10's all day at Bathurst and harried more powerful cars in the twisty bits where handling counted and wore down a number of V8's late in the day.

When I was getting into car's this was the poster on my wall

Porsche-959_1986_800x600_wallpaper_01_zpsvkz6wfnb.jpg

Made models and had all sorts of 959 stuff, r/c car, mugs, posters etc. Love it even more when I read years later while researching forthcoming GTR purchase that Nissan used the 959 sophisticated 4wd system and took it to the next stage with their Attessa Pro active LSD system.

Tough one that as this could be a long list, but the one that springs to mind is the supercharged 4 1/2 ltr Bentley. It had everything, presence, pedigree and engineering excellence.

One of these beasties. Driven by men who had to have special trousers made in order to accommodate their huge wosnames.

Made famous by the 'Bentley Boys' in the 1920s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentley_Boys

We have a tenuous connection with these guys. My wife's great grandfather was a car mechanic/racer and we have a painting by one of the Bentley Boys, SCH Davis, of GGF winning a race in the 1922, we think in a Nash.

^^ I remember a similar looking Bentley monster although it was a hardtop at a Briley Coachworks meet with Obi Waynne in Kent once upon a time. I kid you not Steve, when that behemoth fired up everyone was in awe <B

Just found a picture of it

^^ I remember a similar looking Bentley monster although it was a hardtop at a Briley Coachworks meet with Obi Waynne in Kent once upon a time. I kid you not Steve, when that behemoth fired up everyone was in awe <B

Just found a picture of it

I remember that car well, it was a monster! Sounded awesome though.