Whats your engine code

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you know your engine code and are there any common problems or issues with them?

Mine is a BKD and they suffer a little from carbon build up, but they seem to be pretty good engines compared with the 170's dogged with injector issues.

Mine is a B207R which does have some niggling issues, all of which are cured if you go to town on the engine rebuild ;)

Mine is BUH. They're known to be pretty strong bar the oil pump seals which can start weeping. Something I'm going to have to deal with soon as it is got oil staining down there - but nothing major and it's been doing it for about a year. It's an engine removal job so I've been holding out for it to get worse (which it hasn't) before we undertake major surgery.

Cosworth YB 200. Stardard problems as with all Pinto engines, trying to keep the oil inside.

Golf is BMN and yes I'm scared by the stories I've heard associated with this version of the VAG Tdi engine.
Porsche 944turbo was the 952 engine. 2.5lt turbo 4 cyl 250hp standard. Most powerful version Porsche put in the 944 although not the largest.
Skyline GTR had the famous RB26 engine code although there were many configurations of the ancillary equipment like the turbo components, water pump etc. The N1 configuration is what most people want and upgrade components to.

Mine is BUH. They're known to be pretty strong bar the oil pump seals which can start weeping. Something I'm going to have to deal with soon as it is got oil staining down there - but nothing major and it's been doing it for about a year. It's an engine removal job so I've been holding out for it to get worse (which it hasn't) before we undertake major surgery.

I assume that there is an updated oil seal for the pump now Rob and your not swapping like for like ?-/