What's wrong with this aero wing?

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I bought this wing on eBay quite a few years ago, when I knew nothing about the design of wings or how they work.

Took the end plate off just to have a look at the airfoil profiles and was somewhat surprised.

Would anyone like to suggest what is wrong with this design or the way it has been assembled?

The angle is wrong it will create drag on the leading edge of the large front wing. Moving the rear up will help.

Putting the smaller wing in front of the larger one and turning the smaller one upside down would IMO create less lift and actually provide some downforce?

Maybe it's just the wrong colour?

It looks like the person who built this wasn’t exactly ignorant, they built two inverted aerofoils and staggered the upper and lower sections. But it does seem that the angle of attack is all wrong and because the aerofoils are too close together the wing will likely cause more drag than lift – or reverse lift (downward force) which it’s supposed to create.

Looking at the chord sectional views, the aerofoil has no filler eg Aramid honey comb material to provide internal longitudinal support. Not unless there are stringers that run span wise along the aerofoil which are not shown.

There’s no static discharge wicks along the trailing edge which means after a race any static generated will likely discharge between the drivers anatomy and the closest metal part of the car when he exits.:woot:

Second, maybe :) Stamford, if he returns, won that 'privilege' a while ago in a guess the car rear end competition I set.