What's the next problem going to be?

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
As these things always come in three's elsewhere but fours in London, my week has been a bit of a chuckle with the beast.

Firstly, the factory dvd based sat nav starts to lie to me something terrible, for a location known to be only a few miles away according to sat nav I was nearly 158 miles away, then it wanted to send me through a shop to get there :blink: Aerial diagnosed as the problem after the reset done nothing, so this was replaced at the garage.

A couple of days later heading through a strange area I almost shoot through a speed camera, why did my camera detector not pick this up?
I glanced over and the screen is dead, great! Power supply good but display dead, so off to Halfords and bought a Road Angel Alert Gem on a deal which updates itself via GPS and had it fitted that afternoon.

The next day I popped along to see another client in London, drove into the NCP and started to reverse into a space when what the dickens!! No camera view on my rear view mirror monitor :sad2:
For goodness sake! :amazed: So later on that day I checked the mirror monitor and it was working so it must be the camera on the rear number plate.
So I thought to myself, 5 years of being outside in all weathers and having a minimum of two car washes a week must have taken its toll.
So I ordered a new camera for next day delivery, had the fitter booked for yesterday afternoon and he duly arrived on time. He strips out the boot trim and the roof lining ready to run in the new cables, then he discovers the fault - a video connection clearly disturbed by the people who fitted the replacement sat nav aerial :sad2: reconnected it properly and the camera works fine. So I now have a spare brand new camera to go in my store room until such time as it may be needed.

So what's next then?

Don't know whether to fire up the beast and go to Sainsbury's today or just use her indoors Focus convertible - I'm convinced the beast is haunted!

Last edited:
I feel for you T9. Fancy having to use a map, look ahead and turn your head, so 1990s :)

Store room eh? :)

Tbh ive often wondered if washing a car too much is bad for it, just driving water into all the nooks and crannies

Its funny you should say that yugguy, I have been giving this some thought recently, I received a lot of funny looks at a car show when I mentioned the frequency of the car washes I have done on my baby :embarrest:

I might, just might mind you, drop it back to once a week and see if my nerves can take it :lol:

With the equipment I have to carry around on a daily basis - never happening! Nice thought though, save the planet and all that - now where's that tree so that I can give it a big hug :lol:

Os when you and Lady Os venture down this way you can hug this mighty tree in New Zealand like we did quite a few years ago :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tāne_Mahuta

Last edited: