What's the next job on your car going to be

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the next job or upgrade on your car going to be?

Is the global recession (that's what they're calling it) affecting you?

Recession isn't affecting me. The incoming sprog is!

However, next on my wish list is a little love on the interior. Namely the ICE. I want to convert to a double din unit and upgrade the old, tired, speakers.
Of course best laid plans, etc... ;)

Well am wanting a set of wheels for my track tyres and then would like a brake upgrade to 4 piston fronts and braided lines and RBF600 fluid plus SPEED BLEEDER valves/nipples as I like to be able to bleed off some of the fluid after a hard track session.

I went to open bonnet on my Golf and the cable release snapped. You can manually get in by unscrewing the badge in front grill where behind it there are 2 retaining screws to hold lock in place. Undo those and whole lock mechanism comes up with the bonnet lid. Found front section of cable was snapped along with, what turns out to be a common problem, the lock completely siezed. Replacement lock and cable ordered from main dealer as they were cheapest for a genuine part.

On the ST180 it will be to fit the vudu ported exhaust manifold, and then the throttle body and inlet manifold spacers.

On the RS Turbo im actually going out and going to fit the replacement steering wheel i recently got at a bargain price in todays 'RS Tax' enviroment, also have a new gear knob and want to refit all the trim that i had to take off/loosen to get at all the wiring etc.

In the process of fitting a Fiat Punto rear wiper motor in lieu of the OEM front motor that has died. This allows me to fit one wiper only. This saves a total of over 1.5kg in weight (OEM motor 2.25kg, Punto motor 0.8kg. plus one less blade and no drive tube etc). Basic fitting done. Need to make a couple of aluminium spacers to replace washers and cut off unused bracket. Also have to make a tapered spacer to fit between body and securing nut.

fitting wiper motor 311018 (4).jpg

I went to open bonnet on my Golf and the cable release snapped. You can manually get in by unscrewing the badge in front grill where behind it there are 2 retaining screws to hold lock in place. Undo those and whole lock mechanism comes up with the bonnet lid. Found front section of cable was snapped along with, what turns out to be a common problem, the lock completely siezed. Replacement lock and cable ordered from main dealer as they were cheapest for a genuine part.
Thanks for the tip,so my next job is a can of WD40 around the bonnet lock and cable on the Golf.

I have a set of used Buddy Club wheels that I am painting white before they get fitted with Nankang AR1 semi slicks before I head off to the local track to learn about FWD when driven hard and fast.

FWD can be very interesting when you are used to a RWD. A lot of FWD cars have lift off oversteer which can come in jolly useful at times.

Obi San that's exactly the handling characteristic that I want to explore on the track and not on a public road with the stability control on :) and off.:eek:

Last edited:
Nothing ventured nothing gained :)

I had the SC turned off @ the Leyburn sprints and there were no adverse handling experienced |B

Some say that there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity and I don't want to cross it :lol: