whats the difference in the fr and the cupra clutch?

catellkai

Car
seat leon cupra tdi
Hi,
I am after some advice.I have a LCR tdi 150 with a revo remapp, i have clutch slip and am looking in the best clutch for the torque.I have been told that if you remapp the Lcfr tdi there is no clutch as the clutch is able to take the torque.What is the difference between the fr and the cupra r clutches? Will a fr fit my cupra r? Are the gearboxes the same, with a fr one fit my cupra r?
If anyone can help i really appreciate it.
many thanks
catherine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Catherine, your post ended up in the moderation queue. The links posted didn't work so I removed them. Don't worry you'll be OK to post pictures & links when you reach ten posts. Someone should be along soon to help with your query :bigsmile:

Cheers,

Loz.

what age is the car ? ill have a look see what i can find out between the FR and your but i doubt theyll be the same. ohh and theres more than a handful of gearboxes, in the 6 speed variations

the clutch can handle the extra torque not bad as long as your gentle - ie no hard starts etc. its normally the flywheel that has issue,being duel mass, and as your cluth has started sliping youll probably need to change it as well. off the top of my head the oem one is around £240 bear in mind if you change it at the same time as the clutch its more or less a part only as labour is already being done on the clutch and it wont take that long to undo the bolts.

as for no clutch available that can take the torque thats no where near true
here is a racing clutch for 1.9TDI (for some reason it comes back as the 1.8t wich could be right as i think they do share the same flywheel and clutch very slightly differnt part no.
http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/...nsgefederte-scheibe-mit-organischen-2-2-2.htm
good for 600+ Nm 600 works out around 440 ftlb easily more than enough

performance clutch for one
http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/...torsionsgefederte-scheibe-mit-organischen.htm

shows as 390+ ftlb

remapped 150s normally show around 300ftlb dont they ?

Last edited:
The clutch release bearing might be on its way out, ask the owner how long he's had the noise for and if he had the same noise before the flywheel was replaced.Either way you will probably need an uprated clutch as the torque of the engine will determine the rate of clutch needed.