What's the best value mod you've done?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which modification would you say was the best value?

For me it has to be a remap, no other mod makes such a difference for a relatively low outlay and not a lot of time off the road.

Do you think fast road cams are good value?

The remap brings all the (power) mods together; without it the car will never release the potential of the work done. So, yeah the remap :)

Last edited:
Which modification would you say was the best value?

For me it has to be a remap, no other mod makes such a difference for a relatively low outlay and not a lot of time off the road.

Do you think fast road cams are good value?

Get all the engine power up mods done and drive like Miss Daisy until it gets remapped. |B

WHY some of you may ask ? simply the AF mixtures and ignition settings will be all over the place and if you can't wait and get into it things may go bang or more likely detonation will destroy the ring lands or pre ignition may hole a piston.

IMO "fast road cams' are a waste of money in any turbo powered car.

Obi San IMO the absolute best value for money mod on a turbo car is to remove the restricted stock exhaust and replace it with a larger diameter higher flowing MANDREL BENT system with straight thru mufflers from the turbine outlet followed by a remap.

It is far easier to get more power by upping the boost and a remap than by installing another cam that will also require remapping for the best result wether or not it is in a NA or turbo car.