Whats the best method for 106 lowering

Tommo

I have a standard 106 1.1 and have enjoyed its mega tilt round corners lol so i wana make either the suspension stiffer
or lower it a bit. either way i wana make it sick

i had7 ppl in my car, and the suspension was much lower then and it went round corners much better, apart from the lack of power :p

have any of you done this to a 106?

Hi Tommo, Hows it going?

Your best bet is a trip to the scrappy and get a set of springs and dampers off a 106 GTi and fit them to your car. Your other option is buying a set of custom springs and dampers. DO NOT CUT the springs they will probably just break on you!

Wider wheels will also help with grip in cornering so might be worth looking for some suitable alloys.

You only need to buy a set (of two) springs for the front, and lower the torsion bar at the rear to match. This is a pain in the arse on old cars, as they tend to seize up. Most (clever) garages wont touch them. Some also don't have a clue about lowering t-bars.. If a garage talk to you about lowering by the 'click' method then walk away. Best to find someone reputable on a 106 or Saxo forum.

Not sure on the differences in base model and VTS/GTI shocks, but might be worth looking into some aftermarket ones if you feel fruity :)

Also have a look at this which I posted yesterday..
http://www.torquecars.com/chat/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1245

Feel free to ask any questions you have, hopefully I can answer becuase PAXO's are my forté