Whats the best car you've driven

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Of all the cars you have ever been able to drive which one was the best and why?

Would you get this car as a daily runaround or just keep it for special occassions?

Being young and poor there are no supercars on the list, but i recently test drove a second hand alfa 147 (1.6 lusso), it was the first car that ive driven that come stock with over 100bhp, and it handled brilliantly. properly considering it for my next car looks great too ( it was a faclift model, post 2004).

I know its probably a bit small and bad compared to everyone elses best drives, but i thought id just chip-in.

I've drove alsorts but the best handling and easiest to live with car has to be my Focus. But only because I had it brand new and all the other cars I have driven have been a few years old. I never thought there would be much difference but since having the Focus everything else I drive feels like a shed.

The best "all round" car I have driven so far, is the car I've recently bought - Passat R36. That said, the Torsen 4wd system in the W8 and KW Coilovers mean it runs rings around the R36 in terms of sheer chuck-ability. Hard to choose.

Other than these two, all the other cars I've driven have been somewhat dull in comparison - which I think is pretty cool. My favourite two cars are mine, but then again - I suspect alot of people would say that. Why would you buy something that was worse than your last car..?

yes im young and just coming into my 2nd year of drivng, but being a mechanic i have driven, 1991 porsche carerra, 1982 porsche carerra gt (tuned) P1 scooby tuned to over 400bhp, ferrarri scuderia porsche caymen.... jammy git aint i hehehehe:toung::toung::toung::toung::toung:

I used to drive alsorts when I worked in a garage. Yeah alot of them was faster than my Focus but out of the lot it's the easiest best equipped and generally a better car than many. Rob will understand the feeling of driving a brand new car. Everything else to me seems rubbish in comparison.

I've drove alsorts but the best handling and easiest to live with car has to be my Focus. But only because I had it brand new and all the other cars I have driven have been a few years old. I never thought there would be much difference but since having the Focus everything else I drive feels like a shed.

remember a while ago you started a tread about best car
and i posted the focus as the best all round car
do you agree now???:amuse:

Perhaps we need to redefine best.

The most expensive; the fastest; most comfortable; quietest?

Hard to know. As an all rounder and taking price point and market segment then Ford's Mondeo is a good starter.

But could I argue that it's superior to a Jaguar XK-R? No, but the Mondeo has more seats, more space, is cheaper to buy, cheaper to service etc.

Depends upon your needs, wants, whims and budget I suppose.

Last edited:
have driven many of cars when moting them or fixing them

fastest mmmm p1 scooby or my trans am have driven a few 993 or what every they are they are all 911's to me lol look the same (but the 944's ect ) but dont like them

one i do like is the merc ml the big 4x4 one a supercharged petrol one goes well

but for speed i will go for mine
but not good everyday took it out in the rain today just say going sideways after touching the throttle at 50 was not good lol

I've never driven a RR or a Bentley. Have been a passenger in one or two.

I'll put a flag in the ground here and say this, Lexus GS430 (2003 model).

Silent and swift, with superb roadholding despite the fact that a high end 5 series from the same era is more engaging to drive.

See my point? It depends upon you idea of best.

There's some I know well who rates the mid 1980s MG Metro Turbo as the best car he's driven. Yet he currently drives a Saab 9-3 TiD.

Perhaps we need to redefine best.

quote]

The most expensive; roll's cant think of the model
the fastest; mine or a scooby
most comfortable; roller /bentley
quietest? roller sliver shadow or lexus ls400

Got to be my current Octavia vRS. The only ponts it doesn't win is "most comfortable" - that would be my fathers 1.9 Octavia Laurin and Klement luxury model, and most expensive - TBH, I'm not sure what would win that, maybe the old 405 (as People Carriers and Minibuses aren't cars :D)

The most expensive; A COMMODORE SS GROUP A

the fastest; A COMMODORE SS GROUP A -

most comfortable; SILVER SHADOW

quietest? VAUXHALL CALIBRE I BOUGHT AS A NON-RUNNER AND RE SOLD AS A NON RUNNER-BOY WAS SHE QUIET.

OVERALL- 1988 RX7 - JUST BAGS OF FUN TO DRIVE.

went on one of those track days Ferrari 355, Lotus Elise and a westfield, Elise was nicer than the ferrari but cars I remember fondly which I have owned, Pug 205, Mercedes SEC 500 and Lexus Soarer 4l ltd. Recently borrowed someones old Nissan Micra, that was great fun