What's the best 0-60 time for £1500

Are we talking just buying the car? Or can we mod it after purchase?
This TT is £890. With the left over £600 it could be modded up tp 200bhp quite easily. Should pull that car to 60 is ~6 seconds.

Abarth go-kart for £1440 sitting at 160bhp, apparently pulls to 60 in 6.8 seconds which is pretty quick.

Last edited:
Mazda RX8s ;) 230hp sub 6 second. Plenty around for less then a grand if you can live with repair costs.
Lexus GS350 or I even found a GS430 with the 4.3lt V8 for £1595 at dealer. May be able to talk him down to £1500. Again 6 second luxury car

Some great choices there. There are some fantastic bargains around.

As you say @Lunchmoney with mods there are so many more possibilities.

It's feeling like a good time to pick up a project car.

There are some good ones out there. Well I've seen one, there must be more!

Service history is what counts on these. Low mileage and well looked after cars tend to go for big money though.

It's insuring them that costs so much. A relatively new driver will typically pay a minimum of £1400 for their insurance on a basic car.

I have a trust fund set up for my boy, with the idea of paying uni fees or house deposit. Now I think it might be needed to insure him on his first car :eek:

It's insuring them that costs so much. A relatively new driver will typically pay a minimum of £1400 for their insurance on a basic car.
My Chloe whose 19 has just passed her test. We got her a 2007 Clio Dynamic 1.4 from a family friend, 30000 miles and immaculate. For a 90hp 1.4 engine top of the range car she is paying £540 Full comp insurance through Hastings which I thought was pretty good. We do have a garage and live in the country which probably helps.

That is very good. I bet if she was 17 it would be loads more.

The black boxes seem to give young drivers good rates.