What's on TCJB's 2020 bucket list ?

I reckon your legs gonna look like a pack of Dingos had a chew on it once it's healed....

Love the dingo bit it made me :rofl:

Doc seems to think it is healing well but off to see the surgeon next week for his take on his handiwork.

I was bored sitting around and ignored Dr's orders not to drive ad the left leg/foot is not needed to do anything as is just along for the ride so mowed our 2 acres with my zero turn rider mower.

Jeez you be careful, I know you maybe don't need to use it, but what if bash it one or snag it on something.... Makes me shiver just to think about it. Can't afford to set it back, especially now when it looks like it's starting to heal well. Please be careful mate. I get it though, spring fever to now the weather is picking up again, there will be the urge to do more, it just natural.

You'll have to take up throwing stones at dogs and kids mate my old man would say "go find a dog to kick" but that's no good to you just yet so stick with sharp rocks....

It must be very frustrating for you. Twenty years ago I contracted M.E and Fibro Myalgia and for the first three months I was completely bed ridden, then spent a couple of years in a wheelchair, then onto sticks. Nowadays I just hobble about and cant do much more than take a shower and I'm stuffed for several hours again. It been like this for so long I don't give it much thought, but occasionally still I get angry and frustrated...

I decided I was going to paint my brake calipers... Bought all the special paint. Bought an air jack to put the car up on stands, thought it would be easier for me.

A great day arrived, I got all my gear out, no garage here, all outdoor. And up went the first corners, got the wheel off, struggled to get the stand under, well, that was that mate, I was stuffed. I could feel me starting to pass out.

Nope, I couldn't do it : raved the stand out, refitted the wheel and managed to get the car back on the ground and my tools in the shed and I was on my hands and knees. Crawled to the sofa and passed out, woke up 7 hours later in such pain it was unreal.

This is it for me : I have to have a go but it bites back. That took two weeks to get over completely.

I have to accept my own limitations and even though I occasionally try to push myself I'm always reminded that I no longer can.

I'm hoping you will return to full health and pick up where you left off, but you must find the patience and treat yourself with care. I get it mate, I really do but don't jeopardise the future for rushing. Truly it's not worth it.

Stay strong. All the best. Kev

Thanks for your story and advise |B

It must be so frustrating for you with all your knowledge and experience not to be able to carry out simple tasks on tour car or whatever else you would like to do.

Will be asking the surgeon next week when I see him about driving.