Whats he best car you've been in?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What's the best car you've ever been in and the best car you have ever driven?

Last edited:
By John123 on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Best been in: Ferrari F50, Porsche 996, Bentley Continental GT, Lamborghini Countach, Jaguar XKR, Alfa Romeo touring car, Sumo Power's 960bhp Nissan Skyline GTR R34.

By Anonymous (80.46.186.123) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Been in: Bentley Arnage R, Porsche Boxster + GT3, + 911, Mitsubishi Evo, tuned Lotus Elise, 350bhp Nissan 200sx, Audi TT, - most impressive for handling was the Evo ---the fastest that ive actually driven: volvo T5 .. although i didnt get the chance to give it a real blat! which is prob a good thing, because the chances are that i would have crashed it!

HI Hachi - I hope those roundabouts are on a private road cos that would be very dangerous and silly to do it on the public roads and we absolutely must not endorse any form of reckless driving!!!! :rolleyes:

the most impressive car i rode in was a 1.9TD fiat punto. for a standard small cheapey car, that flew!!

loxx101 said:
the most impressive car i rode in was a 1.9TD fiat punto. for a standard small cheapey car, that flew!!

Oh my GOD that made me laugh!!! Not only was it a Fiat, it was also a Diesel!

Are you sure you haven't made a typing error?!

I think Loxx was expressing his surprise at the power of this sleeper? (I Hope!) I wonder if Ferrari will ever bring out a diesel model that can be run on Veggie Oil?

no no people!! seriously!!

i mea yeah, A its standard.... B its diesel.... oh yeah plus fiat

you expect it to be shittty but no, i was impressed!!

simply for the "this car should be rubbish" factor :p

Depends on my mood. Had a go of a Bentley Turbo R once, it was great! Like a big fast magic carpet. Best drivers car I've driven was a customers Porsche 911 Turbo, was so responsive and made me look a better driver than I am. But the car that makes me feel best when I drive it is my 1974 Mini. Don't drive it regularly but when I do I can't help but smile. You don't drive a Mini, you drive with one!

For me, it has to be a 1985 Tickford Capri Turbo 2.8 - Aston Martin did a superb job of the engine whilst leaving the chassis alone from the waist back - live rear axle, No traction control and enough torque to liven up a wet afternoon in true sideways style. Best not done on the public highway, but, well, err, we've all been silly!

This is going to sound arrogant, but my car. :D I have wanted a big american muscle car for literally as long as I can remember, and to have a "B" body Chrysler was something I never thought would happen. 8) Yes it is rubbish when it comes to corners, but it drives sooooo much smoother than any other car I have owned, it's plenty big enough to use practically for a day out or even a weekend away with the wife and kids, it's quick and its the coolest ride in town. 8)

Incase anyone is wondering, Chrysler used to have different body types occording to their size. e.g. Dodge Charger/Coronet, Plymouth Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX were all "B" bodies. if you look at them all they are all similar in size and shape and some parts are interchangeable

Been in a few nice cars - But nothing OMG JESUS like. Aston Martin Vantage (which I'll get a drive of sometime.)

Driven a M Class Merc 3.2 Diesel alot, a 350z (Auto...sigh) a bit, and I may possibly get a bit of a run around in a Corvette this christmas, if not that, then a ride in one.

Fingers - I'm pleased you have got the car of your dreams. You don't sound big headed to me. Many poeple just dream but you went out and made it happen. 8)

Izo Azlion said:
Been in a few nice cars - But nothing OMG JESUS like. Aston Martin Vantage (which I'll get a drive of sometime.)

Driven a M Class Merc 3.2 Diesel alot, a 350z (Auto...sigh) a bit, and I may possibly get a bit of a run around in a Corvette this christmas, if not that, then a ride in one.

I have not driven a 350Z but I'd imagine that the auto box sets it off nicely. Japs are good at autos that don't sap power.

Personally, I love modern automatics just as much as I hate old school ones.

The best car I've ever been in was my uncles 1991 Mazda RX7 Turbo. The power and handling it had :shock:

Can't wait to test it when he has finished repairing it. 500 hp minimum to the street :wink:

I dont suppose you have had a drive of the RX7 yet have you Hansi? Friend took me out in his Cayenne - it was massive and really quick! It felt like hurtling off the side of a cliff in an armchair.

I had a ride in my uncles new Roush Mustang at the weekend. The noise and acceleration was immensely trick. I know what car i am goin to get when I get cheaper insurance.:twisted:

Addition: Went in a '03 Carrera 4 the other day, black with black leather interiour, bose speakers, all the kit. Very nice.

Just as a passenger though.

It was at the start of the welsh rally in the early eighties, one of her mechanics was a good friend of mine, and he just let me drive it up the prom in Aberystwyth before it was going into park ferme. Sorry not that exciting really

What do you mean "not that exciting"? Thats awesome! Bet they didn't let you open it up fully!

My best ride i have has was in a Ferrari F50 and a super fast celica not sure of the spec but it put me back in my seat when it launched!!!!

My best ride i have has was in a Ferrari F50 and a super fast celica not sure of the spec but it put me back in my seat when it launched!!!!

I've got a diesel saloon that shoves me back into my seat in 4th gear under acceleration. It also has an appetite for tyres. But, it's not the best car I've been in.

never been in a really special car other than a few mercs that my dad had, MLK, CLK, SLK amg, and saw an audi R8 come flying past me on the motorway they other day what a sight!