What's going to be your next car?

kain35m

Torque Junkie
Car
'85 Mustang Gt 5.0
For me, it'll most likely be an Audi s4. 2006 is ther year I want. The reasoning? I am going to need a 4 door car for when my wife finally gets pregnant and has a baby. We also want a car that runs on CNG to help save on gas going back and forth to work. Or perhaps a full electric, like a chevy volt.

Nissan 350Z. V6, 300 ponies rear wheel drive & great handling & with the way fuel prices are going I should be able to get one for a good price when the time comes. :lol:

I have no idea what to buy next. Years ago when I was on a company car scheme I took the cash in lieu option.

I keep my cars for ages and find that servicing and maintenance is cheaper than replacement.

Every time I find a new use for a car, I find myself wanting another one. Then again, I have always wanted to own a car collection, and to have a real use for each car in the collection.

Right now I have the mustang for getting around town and taking to the drag strip. plus it is a hatchback, so I can fit plenty of stuff in it, so it's a nice grocery getter.

The cobalt is for my wife's work (she needs a newer car that has child restraints and safety features) and weekends messing with the hondas around town, road trips, or whenever there are twisty roads for some fun.

The blazer's for hauling big junk around town. my wife likes to work with wood and stuff. We use it for driving through the tough weather too. Now we just need a four door car to haul kids around in since my wife is a nanny and we'll be having our own soon enough. (we may trade the cobalt for the S4 I mentioned earlier)

If that's not enough, we want a car (maybe 2) that runs on compressed natural gas so we can save on gasoline for work and errands and not put so many miles on our other, more fun, cars.

Sound like enough vehicles? No, you say? Ok. One more.....a lofty one: At some point in life, I want a supercar. (Lamborghini Countach) or at least something that can beat a supercar (turbo corvette/viper)

Most of my vehicles (and most that we plan to get) are old as dirt, so insuring them is a breeze. They're very easy to maintain. And I get to challenge myself with lots of different driving styles.

But I'm crazy. How about you guys?

EVO X FQ360 or FQ400 - waiting for petrol to hit gbp1.50/ltr then they will practically be giving them away (also have to talk the wife round as she thinks they are ugly beasts)

I could not see me getting anything after the A3 as I was happy with it but family responsibilites forced a change. Ultimately I want an RS4 avant now.

The closest I'll probably ever get is what I have just got the A4 Quattro which is actually plenty quick and fun to drive without going into silly insurance and fuel costs.

My dream car though is an R8 but I doubt I will ever be able to afford to run one, let alone buy one,.

Well and this is probably fodder for another thread. This time we looked around at everything to find something suitable, well we did Lexus, VW, Subaru, Honda, BMW and Audi. Only BMW tempted me, the performance, drive and economy were good but TBH it was the BMW image that put us off a bit.

The Audi just ticked the boxes and we have had a good experience with Audi before, they are well built and the engines are good. The Passat was also tempting but the itnerior looked a bit mass produced and it was a fair bit longer than our old car.

It is a shame the A4 is not all that economical (31mpg) but we can't have everything I suppose. There was a bit of Audi bias, but I think everyone stays loyal to a good brand.

Not sure yet but i've got to start doing some research soon as the Focus goes in Feb next year.
New shape Focus is thought as well as the Mondeo.
Haven't really had a look at anything else.

It is a shame the A4 is not all that economical (31mpg) but we can't have everything I suppose.

I love how you say 31mpg as a bad thing. Here, the companies have rediculous commercials touting the "very economical 31mpg" on their 14hp econoboxes.

A I think you have it right. 31mpg is not very economical. I get 26 mpg in both my cars, and I have a lead foot.

I like audi. bmw is a little too much image for me as well. Plus their performance cars are all rwd. I already have a fun rwd car. I'm ready for awd, and here in snowy Utah, quattro would be just fantastic.

My A3 happily returned 35-37 mpg so I'm feeling it a bit now. On an annual mileage of 9000 it doesn't really make much difference overall really.

I know the US MPG is different to the UK one because your gallons are bigger or do you have longer miles? :eek:.

E46 M3 CSL is pegged for the next one. Won't be spending a lot of money on something not build in limited numbers! I think I will probably keep the RS and get a CSL as well though. We shall see how things pan out.

god know
hope next buy will be a new bike
but car wise will be a van or i might look into another lexus 200 or a 430

im stuck between two, either upgrade my freelander to a range rover 3.0td6 an early one (2002/on) or go back to a car and the only one really taking my fancy is a petrol e46 se, dont know what to do and only have a few months to decide

Well and this is probably fodder for another thread. This time we looked around at everything to find something suitable, well we did Lexus, VW, Subaru, Honda, BMW and Audi. Only BMW tempted me, the performance, drive and economy were good but TBH it was the BMW image that put us off a bit.

The Audi just ticked the boxes and we have had a good experience with Audi before, they are well built and the engines are good. The Passat was also tempting but the itnerior looked a bit mass produced and it was a fair bit longer than our old car.

It is a shame the A4 is not all that economical (31mpg) but we can't have everything I suppose. There was a bit of Audi bias, but I think everyone stays loyal to a good brand.

I agree - I'm not a BMW brand fan either to be honest. Same reason - don't like the image it projects.

My A3 happily returned 35-37 mpg so I'm feeling it a bit now. On an annual mileage of 9000 it doesn't really make much difference overall really.

I know the US MPG is different to the UK one because your gallons are bigger or do you have longer miles? :eek:.

Hehe, yeah, we use nautical miles. :p

As far as I am aware, both countries have changed to use International Miles (introduced in 1959).

The difference is that US gallons are 3.78541178 liters whereas UK gallons are 4.54609188 liters. That is - roughly - a 1.2:1 ratio.

As far as I am aware, both countries have changed to use International Miles (introduced in 1959).

The difference is that US gallons are 3.78541178 liters whereas UK gallons are 4.54609188 liters. That is - roughly - a 1.2:1 ratio.

Wow. Didn't know there was actually a difference.

I was just screwing around.

Darn facts, ruining my fun. :p