whats bad about a focus??

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
hi ford heads, prevtec here

im a honda nut, but the gf wants a new car and is drawn towards a 200 - 2001 focus 1.4, i cant change her mind so......

i dont have a clue about faults on a focus, so i would like your advise on this paticular model

2001 ford focus, 1.4 lx 50,000 miles

what do i need to know where the following is concerned
timing belt = when is it due to be changed??
are they prone to head gaskets going??
what parts in the car are common faults??

if there is anything else i should know about, please let me know

or in all, are they a good car for a person that takes it handy????

thank you in advance, prevtec

Check for a full service history. I'm not sure on the timing belts of those. They were rated as car of the year so they are pretty good. Does your road tax depend on CO2 in Ireland? Does the year make a difference?

It's no where near your Prelude in terms of performance though so don't get jealous!:lol:

Check for a full service history. I'm not sure on the timing belts of those. They were rated as car of the year so they are pretty good. Does your road tax depend on CO2 in Ireland? Does the year make a difference?

It's no where near your Prelude in terms of performance though so don't get jealous!:lol:
ha ha, im not allowed drive her new car, she says i screw them
tax for that 1.4 is 290 per year which isnt bad, i pay that for 3 months

i was looking on the net and saw that people do rate the focus
but 1 or 2 say they are bad
i suppose you will always get a bad car out of a bunch no matter what make so.....

you reckon so that for a run around car they are good??
she dosent drive hard or fast enough as me though so any car should be ok
il check that service history too mate, something ive never done

A full service history and book of reciepts says the car has been looked after and you wont end up paying for years of neglect.;)

A full service history and book of reciepts says the car has been looked after and you wont end up paying for years of neglect.;)
youre 100% right
i never bothered with the history on a honda
once the engiene is sweet, i fix the years of neglect