What would you do?

adam1983

Road Burner
Car
Supra T67dbb 6Spd
Hi guys, stuck at a junction here and need some advice.
Insurance, tax and mot is due to end the end of this month and decided I'm going to sorn my car and save like mad for a couple of years.
Now this is where my problem is:
Do I save and keep the car off road then use the money to rebuild the engine to a very high spec with around 7-800bhp or:
Sell the car and save for a 2 year old Nissan gtr with around 650bhp?

The mrs wants me to get a new gtr because its newer and more family friendly lol.
Myself I'm not sure so see what you guys reckon.

If it was me then the Nissan GTR would be the way to go ;)
After all, what good is 7-800BHP in a car that is not really renowned for it's handling (Sorry Adam!) When a GTR will and has a proven track record to prove it and lay all that power down without any fuss or drama.

Last edited:
Most people I know who have stored their car ended up with expenses where things started to rot or seize.

Sell it, cut your losses and start over when you have the funds.

You have one hell of a wife mate! My girlfriend won't even let me touch the car without running it through her! LOL!

Get the GTR buddy... There are not a lot of cars out there that could either keep up in a straight or in the corners.

I stored my car for 19 years and it required a total stripdown.

Unless stored in a secure, dry environment, even a couple of years plays havoc with a car. Mice will find a way in, rubber bushes will perish, tyres will go out of shape unless car is lifted off them, it takes up space and will not be worth much if you decide to sell it later.

Unless you love the car and plan to keep it for ever, sell it now, put the money into a hard to access savings account and start planning for the new car.

Cheers guys. Will probably be getting an ad up when the better weather comes along. Should be easier to sell then hopefully and not really in any rush to get rid.
Never thought it would come to this but it would be better off getting used by somebody rather than sitting in a garage doing nothing.

Think I'm going to try and sort out a ride out with someone who has one to help make up my mind.
Be nice to see what the power delivery is like in comparison to what I have now.
Don't suppose anyone on here has one or knows anyone on here that wouldn't mind giving me a ride out in one? Worth a few beer tokens to any takers :)

Pop into a Nissan dealer and ask for a test drive. ;)

Think I'm going to try and sort out a ride out with someone who has one to help make up my mind.
Be nice to see what the power delivery is like in comparison to what I have now.
Don't suppose anyone on here has one or knows anyone on here that wouldn't mind giving me a ride out in one? Worth a few beer tokens to any takers :)

That's like when I test drove the new Focus but told the salesman I was having an Astra instead anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

Bet he was well upset about that lol. Just looked on Nissan uk site to book a test drive but gtr was not an option on there but all the others were.
Maybe only able to book one in store?

Yeah will do mate. Just can't be doing with all the rubbish the salesman is likely to come out with.
I think a car sells itself if its actually any good

Bet he was well upset about that lol. Just looked on Nissan uk site to book a test drive but gtr was not an option on there but all the others were.
Maybe only able to book one in store?

This is becoming more & more common with the higher performing cars to discourage the dreamers. If you have the title "Dr" before your name then it's no problem at all ;) failing this, then they sometimes ask you for a returnable deposit to be paid upfront in case you damage it :)

Just walk in there with a fancy suit, borrow a really expensive watch and be very cocky and demanding and say things like, you can't decide between the Aston and the GTR and see what happens.

I know mate. Couldn't believe it myself.
Was put up for sale Tuesday night.
Wednesday morning I had a message waiting asking for a viewing.
He came down Thursday and paid for it that day.
Came down today to collect.
The most hassle free sale I have ever had without any time wasters too.
Played the lottery today as my luck seems to be in :)

Congrats Adam on the very quick fuss free sale, if that Lotto comes in remember that it was ME who was sending you all those positive waves to make it happen! ;) I'll take a cheque :)

Congrats Adam on the very quick fuss free sale, if that Lotto comes in remember that it was ME who was sending you all those positive waves to make it happen! ;) I'll take a cheque :)

Lol. No probs mate.
I would buy your car a very nice gift rather than a cheque. Want to make sure the money was spent in the right way ;)

Lol. No probs mate.
I would buy your car a very nice gift rather than a cheque. Want to make sure the money was spent in the right way ;)

That will be perfectly acceptable ;)

I wonder if Sleeper with his contacts would be able to help you with your search for the GTR.

and I was reading the thread as you posted oz................

There are lots of GTRs for sale but if you dont get a good one it will break your heart and your wallet

Modded ones dont fetch a huge premium but make sure you get one tuned to your "desired" level - they are very expensive to mod.

Also remember they are not expensive to run they are very expensive to run so get one with history and make sure that if any mods have been done it was by a well respected tuner .

Check discs have been replaced and remember changing tyres is £1000+

Standard they are very quick - off the line you wont believe the launch even a standard one ; in fact you dont really need 700bhp to keep up with even a really silly supra (for example)

your best bet is to join the GTRoc and read some threads . Every topic you have though of has probably been done to death including the bad bits.

Most of all DONT BUY THE FIRST ONE YOU SEE.

out of interest whats your budget as I do know a few nice ones for sale with GTRoc forum history .

Looking to budget around 40-45k mate.
Not in any rush to get one so will be looking at a few to make sure I get a good one.
Not looking for anything heavily modified either. Stage 1 or 2 mods are about as far as I will go.

for that you can get a really nice one.

Its worth joining he gtroc just for the info and you can get a good idea of what they actually sell for.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back