What winds you up about garages

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What things to garages do that really winds you up?

Here are my top windups!

1) Incorrect oil level - it is not hard to measure the oil before pouring it in.
2) Finger prints all over the bonnet, doors and sometimes on the interior.
3) Leaving the car on the forecourt with the keys in the ingnition
4) Charging labour to fit a bulb on top of a £400 service bill!
5) A 10+ mile test drive after a service - more like a pick up some parts and go for a joyride if you ask me!;)

I'm sure there are more but these are my top 5 wind ups. What about you? What gets you going when you get your car back from the garage?

goes in for a service and comes back needing everything changed, yet a second opion will say that there fine
conmen the lot of them
(thts the big garages most of the smaller ones are alright)

apart from the rip of prices i only really have 1 bad incident with a garage and it was my last service on the leon. i got the car home and you have to have a check under the bonnet. so i popped the bonnet went to pull the release lever and it came off in my hand. luckily the for me and them the grill was off (still is). and on closer inspection they had broke it and tried to melt it back together. :amazed: so i went back to the garage and everybody denied doing it. but its funny how they replaced it with no charge aint it :rolleyes:

I don't really use garages only for the mot so I don't really get any trouble from them....My sister on the other hand is another story all together...

Spot on Waynne.

Having a major service by a well known network and less than 200 miles later finding you have no rear brakes and hearing the sound of metal against metal!

They picked on the wrong guy and I wrote them a very long scientific letter full of big words and they had no comeback.

that all mechanics and mot testers are all god damn sexy lol

did i say i am a mechanic and mot tester

only thing i had is the big garages and big names do so many things wrong it puts a bad nae on every garage

sure we all mess up time to time as does ever one in every job we are only human well some of us lol

my biggest thing is how they tell ya something that has nothing to do with the issue you bring the vehicle in for is the cause of your issue. had one try to tell me that my starter was the reason for my alternator not charging???

my ex gf grandad has a garage so im not too bothered used him with him making no profit i had to do my own service in his garage lol but he didnt charge for filter oil ect plus i paid myself 2 hours labour and a couple of pints :D

Last edited by a moderator:
charging you 50 euros an hour labour while their having a lunch break

yeah its a real job stuffing your face you fat

Last edited:
i once took a car to kwikfit to have some tyres put on and the fitter said i had a leaking shock so i had a word with the manager about it and the fitter said i had oil down the shock

i said to him i know about the WD40 trick as i used to work for kwikfit years ago then i said how do gas shocks leak

one Dumb struck manager

garages there in UK are more expensive. here they are more cheap and depending on where do you go. there are bad garages with mechanics that will try to cheat on you to get some extra money and that their garages are in bad condition, they will take you a 10 euros for a complete control for your car, while the top garages will take you 50 euros per control and they also give you guarantee for that.

What things to garages do that really winds you up?

Here are my top windups!

1) Incorrect oil level - it is not hard to measure the oil before pouring it in.
2) Finger prints all over the bonnet, doors and sometimes on the interior.
3) Leaving the car on the forecourt with the keys in the ingnition
4) Charging labour to fit a bulb on top of a £400 service bill!
5) A 10+ mile test drive after a service - more like a pick up some parts and go for a joyride if you ask me!;)

These are the main reasons I don't take my car to the dealers. I will for the next service to maintain the warranty but after that a good friend of mine who takes pride in his work can do it for me.

These are the main reasons I don't take my car to the dealers. I will for the next service to maintain the warranty but after that a good friend of mine who takes pride in his work can do it for me.

mate you dont have to use a dealer to keep your warranty you will have to look into it but i think aslong as the garage you use uses original vag parts skoda cant invalidate the warranty

post a new thread and ask cause im not 100% sure whether the garage has to be approved aswell??? but could save you a few quid :bigsmile:

In 1999 a Dunstable Nissan dealer carried out the 36,000 mile service on my Primera. Clearly listed on the invoice, last item was 'road test'.

When I started the car to drive home the engine malfunction light came on and stayed on.

Back in to service reception. Technician comes out. Opens bonnet. They'd left the multiblock connector for the MAF sensor disconnected.

This is poor. Thankfully, it's an isolated incident.