What were the best road cars ever made

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
I have started this one because people keep putting their choice of best car in the firrst and innovative thread

So the criteria for this thread ( if you dont like them start another one :toung: )

Car can be any age or type BUT IT IS FOR ROAD CARS cos thats what we drive.

So no rally editions , track cars etc and its for them in standrad trim and not what they car be made into with mods

Ive put a max price of £75K in to get red of one offs so that it is for cars we all have some chance of driving .

Up to the 70s - mini , E type
80s , audi quattro , 911 turbo
90s skyline R 34 GTR
00s not at all sure M5 maybe

Hard choice. What's best mean? I'd probably agree that an m5 is the best all round car ever, but I wouldn't buy one, if I had that kind of money I'd be in an aston martin.

surely the new gtr is a contender for the title..cheaper than all its rivals, supercar performance, track handling and still useable on a daily basis

now that would be an ideal car..supercar performance with enough room to carry your camping equipment..on that note, the m5 touring is surely up there??

The title says best car for up to 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s

It is for different decades because that way people have to think (hopefully ) and give an answer for each one

The point is in this thread you are allowed ( and supposed to be) biased

Best means in your opinion with your criteria however daft or strange that is.( BTW you cant buy a new aston for £75K)

70s Range Rover V8, RS2000
80s Audi UR Quattro
90s Jaguar XKR
00s Ford Mustang

However I can think off many more from each decade that are equally good.