What Was Your First Mod?

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Most of us, if not all have modified our cars in some way. So what was the first modification to your car? If you haven't yet made any, what is the very first mod you intend to make?

Feel free to post pics as well.

1st mod ever cd player in the fiesta ok not realy a big mod - next was EL wire along the dash, around the cd player and around the edge of the mats. then thinner wire wrapped round the gear stick from the gator to the knob. will see if ive got pics somewhere. bloody hard stuff to wire up - wanst really avalible in kits already made up like you can get now.

civic 1st mod was the alloys
prelude - nothing done to it other than a couple of neons
Bora - Debadged (again not really a mod) alloys again

the first mod i will do doing is a panel air filter and exaust system.
nothing to major. if it dont push my insurance up too much i will prolly try an get a remap
i dont know if you can but if you can supercharge a already turbo diesel i proll will try :toung:.

My first mod (apart from a head unit) was a powerflow exhaust. Cost me £330...definitely worth it! My next mod will be a brake conversion.

my first mod to the leon was a remap and forge dv as a package deal cost £350 and the only reason i did this was i was disappointed with the leons performance it was actually slower than my mk3 astra gsi :confused:

not really a mod but first thing i did was repaint one of the wingmirrors as it was a mess. Took my time with it and it looked pretty good, the next day i then spun the car at a roundabout, lucklily missed a lampost with the car but took the same wingmirror clean off lol, gutted!

Anyway a dvd player an some 6x9's is my next plan

Haven't really modded my last two cars mainly because I didn't see the point as my 1st car was just something I wanted to run into the ground and the Polo, my current car I won't be keeping for much longer. All I've done is changed the headunit and just took it out of the old car and put it into the Polo and put on a GTi front grill.

The next car though I have big plans for as I plan on keeping it for a good while.

Erm! my first was on my ' dare i say ' Marina Coupe :embarrest: , which was a 2ltr head, re-bore, corduroy rings, four prong sparks,induction kit, timing chain ( from belt ),large bore exhaust,up rated brakes, full interior ( including deep buttoned seats/ door cards) recovered dash, home made centre console, windows blacked out,
( them were the days when you could do em all :rolleyes: ),home made skirts, modified front & rear spoiler picked up from scrapyard, then to top it off respray ( candy flake ).

Chris.. ;)

wel first was the fiesta loads of lights on that one
then the cavalier sri sounds on that one
prelude sounds on that
lexus ls400 car pc front touch screen few lights
trans am chrome bits still on going
caddy van sounds
hi ace van big sounds
vovlo k&n black grill on front so far

My first proper mod was probably, tinted windows on my old Orion, and a smoke machine, that I had to throw out of the window every time I saw blue flashy lights in the rear veiw mirror.......:blink:

frst mod was the spoiler, tinted windows and irmscher grill,

then came the alloys, powerflow exhaust system, irmscher front bumper, angel eye headlights, smoked side repeaters and rear led lights,

to do:
irmscher side skirts and rear bumper,
evo spoiler,
lowering.

could do with winning the lottery really.

Good idea mate, 6x9"s are a great compromise if you don't have the room for a sub. Like anything you get what you pay for so get the best you can. Good wiring definitely help!!!!!!

My first mod was a head unit. I've done this mod in every car I owned except for the first one which I crashed. The second mod I did was to fit a panel air filter. Then I went mad and stripped down the engine, port, polish, FSE boost valve, sports exhaust,sports cat etc....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back