What was your driving test like

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you still remember your driving test? Were you nervous? How many did you have before you passed!

I was a first time wonder!:D

I remember going past one poor learner who had both back wheels on the kerb in the reverse around the corner manouver.

The hill start was mild compared to the 1 in 3 hills I was taught on and I didn't realise it was a hill start until i'd passed.

The emergency stop was a joke. He looked in all the mirrors, then turned round pushing against my arm and then slowly hit his clipboard on the dash so I knew what was coming.

I was pretty nervous though! The wierdest thing was going out for the first time without someone giving me directions:lol: (I'm still not good with directions!)

Mine was hilarious! I had road rage at someone who pulled out in front of me so thought it appropriate to open my window and give them a piece of my mind as it was obvious I was taking my test!

After that when they show you the road signs on the flip chart and ask you what they mean, I got a total mental blockage and kept repeatedly saying "nope, ask me another"...

I thought I had failed anyway so just decided to make it even more fun and when he asked me what I would use th hard shoulder for I said thats where the police will give me a speeding ticket!

Strangely enough I passed first time and when I asked how come - he said most of the other examiners were his friends and he just couldn't put them through the retest! Although he did say I was a very confidant driver I personally feel it was more to do with the length of my skirt at the time

Laughs

:lol:

mm failed 1st time for hesitation, passed the 2nd time but dont know how. was told to pull up at a safe place on the left at least 15 times during the 40min test. think she new that i was getting ******** off. ended up hitting the kerb.

i passed on my second try my first test i was way to cocky cause having been put in for my test after my second lesson i thought i would pass easy but after the examiner had to brake for me cause i didnt spot a car pulling out on me i knew i had failed so gave up for a few months then started lessons again

then my second test i was quite nervous and alot more observant but my 3 point turn was terrible the rear wheels touched the curb then on the parallel park i did the same rear wheel mounted the curb i could see on her sheet that i had alot of minors and then just on the last roundabout i saw her raise her leg to break for me but luckily she didnt and when she told me i had passed i couldnt believe it i really thought i had failed cause of how poorly i had drove (guess it was my lucky day)

Passed first time, but that was way back in 1970 when it was much easier :)

My Dad failed on his first attempt. Back then you had to use hand signals. He had to pass a stationary bus, so stuck his right hand out of the window whilst changing gear with his left! Unsurprisingly. the instructor took a dim view of this :)

I can't remember why exactly but i failed my first test and passed at my second attempt a day or two later. This was in a military Land Rover. The driving lessons were around Dartmoor and culminated with a visit to the Plume of Feathers at Princetown every Friday lunchtime where we would all have a D.T.S. and the Instructor would do the driving back to camp. Each Landy had three or four of us in it learning. This was quite a while ago.
I passed my Bike test first time, i actually did this whilst on leave and had booked it whilst i was overseas.
My H.G.V. 3 and later 1's were both passed first time with no problem. I was so confident of passing my 1's that i arranged my transport back to Plymouth from Leconfield a day or so prior to the test. Fortunately my confidence was justified or i'd have looked a right prat. :)

Passed my first test after 12 hours of lessons :)

Wasn't too nervous.

There was a sort of junction in a V shape joining on to a main road. I was pulling out of one of the V junctions, then a white van tried pulling in front of me, I slammed brakes on, the examiner knew it was his fault and said "even his wife knew he was doing wrong"

Pulling on to a roundabout, the car on the right was around 20m before coming on to the roundabout, yet I was penilised for cutting in front of him?!

Also... through the middle of Herne Bay is the High Street, of which, cars can drive through, there was a huge lorry loading on that road and I had to wait behind it, praying to god that when I try to go round it, no arse would come the other way!

Both my kids failed first time. I was actually glad my son failed as it took the wind out of his sails, him being 17 and full of confidence and knowing it all, etc. :)

i just sent away for the test yesterday, i failed before, but this time if i fail, i dont care
theres a years waiting list for a test over here and 38 euros everytime, so i couldnt be bothered anymore if i fail

it is nervous though, a bag of nervs i tell ya

I can't remember why exactly but i failed my first test and passed at my second attempt a day or two later. This was in a military Land Rover. The driving lessons were around Dartmoor and culminated with a visit to the Plume of Feathers at Princetown every Friday lunchtime where we would all have a D.T.S. and the Instructor would do the driving back to camp. Each Landy had three or four of us in it learning. This was quite a while ago.
I passed my Bike test first time, i actually did this whilst on leave and had booked it whilst i was overseas.
My H.G.V. 3 and later 1's were both passed first time with no problem. I was so confident of passing my 1's that i arranged my transport back to Plymouth from Leconfield a day or so prior to the test. Fortunately my confidence was justified or i'd have looked a right prat. :)

take it you were in MT when you done all the tests

I failed the first time, probably because I beeped my horn at a little scote who ran infront of the car playing football!

I passed second time, can't see how as I drove like a *whistles* :blink1:

Don't remember a great deal as the bloke walking infront of the car with his lantern was in the way ;)

failed my bike test the other day dammit.

all cos I forgot to do my shoulder check before turning in for the U turn ahhhhhh

havnt really done much with it since I failed last time, been getting my bike one, soon as I get that done Im going to start with the car one again.

was sooo close to getting my bike one, just forgot one shoulder check and failed on the U turn