what tyres for a golf mk 5

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
i dont no what tyres to put on my golf, i want to start doing a few track days, and want a tyre that can handle fast road driving and track days in all weathers, it has sport contact 3's on it atm, and i dont like them, i was looking at toyo proxies T1R's but what just want other peoples opnions please

thanks
tom

Yeah the Toyo's are good as are the Michilin Pilot Sport Cups which I had on my 944T but these semi slick tyres on wet roads are not brilliant and they're a hard ride which is fine on track. I have Falken 452 tyres now and for the price are comfortable on the road give you confidence in the wet and should be good on the track (which I confess I haven't done) without costing the earth. I have Factory fitted Pirelli PZero Rosso still on my Golf GT170 which are very grippy but have worn out in 8k miles will try Falkens on next.

i had falkens on my focus, and i liked them in the dry but found them so slippy in the wet, but i must confess i dont no what model they were.
and as my cars front wheel drive and im guessing the porche is rear wheel drive so mite differ slightly in whats good for them, im about to get the car chipped so i need to get some good grip all round :)

thanks
tom

had the falkens 452s and now have the 912 . 912s felt better on the greasy roads however the 452 were halfway through their life.

for track days id advise looking for a cheap set of second alloys and some R888