What tunes do you crank right up

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then, you hear something special on the radio and crank the volume right up.

What tunes have this effect on you?

I just found myself blasting out Song 2 at high volume, it just doesn't seem right when the volume is turned down.

Woohooo.... Cant go wrong Waynne! I love it when ever the radio plays anything from the prodigy, fat boy slim, faithless etc. Shame all they play is the crap people listen to in the charts.

Track it down, it's a BBC digital station but it's on iplayer if you don't have dab. You will love it,and you'll want to get dab in your car.

Oh... Okay :D May get a DAB radio in my car! Do standard aerials support it? Or would I need to upgrade my cars Aeriel too?

Old Fogie stuck in the Stone Age (no pun intened :) )

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Eagles - Hotel California
Any AC/DC
Focus - Hocus Pocus
Alex Harvey - Faith Healer (if I ever heard it on the radio)

Tool - The Pot

And myself singing If I Were a Rich Man as I'm performing it next weekend.

I haven't seen "Fiddler On The Roof" in a long time, great film :)

Good luck with your performance Guy or should I say " Break a leg" ;)

I must admit I really like most of the foo fighter stuff, nickleback and rock in general.

But I do also like a lot of other stuff from dance to trance, to a little bit of pop lol.

But hell no to beiber!

No yet found a car audio setup that qualifies as HIFI

The Mark Levinson setup in the Lexus SC480 produces a gorgeous sound, as does the Bang & Olufsen in the Aston Martin DB9, but undoubtedly this is led by the "Inspired by Music" system in the Rolls Royce Wraith. A 1300W, 18-channel system with two exciter speakers hand-fitted in the headlining of the car designed to bring sound to the listener at ear level.

i have so many different songs in a wide variety of age and style

just a few off top of my head

baker gurvitz army - help me
cream - white room
the who most songs tbh
oasis all of definitely maybe and a select few other tracks
paul van dyk for an angel/ bt flaming june (pvd mix)
stone roses made of stone/love spreads/i wanna be adored
alot of old motown stuff
dire straits brothers in arms album

Any good r&b track from the likes of artists like Earth, Wind & Fire, Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston. I like Eric Clapton, Status Quo and Queen, as well as George Michael, too. All good. Quite a mix.

I haven't seen "Fiddler On The Roof" in a long time, great film :)

Good luck with your performance Guy or should I say " Break a leg" ;)

Cheers - it went really well. I also sang Shake Your Tail Feather off Blues Brothers with another chap and the dancers behind us. Great fun, we had a a good 150 people in the evening audience which is great for our little amateur dramatics group.

Me and the missus have joined an accapella choir, they want me to try leading on Could You Be Loved. I hope I can do Bob justice.

Anything in the Passat to drown out 4 cylinder PD industrial noise. The audio setup isn't much sweeter than the engine, I prefer to listen to music at home using my eclectic pile of vintage and modern hifi.

^^ Paul, I think so far the best factory audio system I have heard was in a Lexus 430 SC. The system is by Mark Levinson and sounds absolutely glorious.