What to do with my 306!

RePT

Car
306 1.9 DT GLX '98
Hi All,

I week or so back I introduced myself and my newly(rather new to me) purchased car..

I would like to know what beneficial modifications I can make to this car?

I ought to post some pictures of it(will do this tomorrow morning)

here goes...

img2111g.jpg

img2111g.jpg

img2113hk.jpg

img2114s.jpg

img2119g.jpg

img2120x.jpg

img2122ed.jpg

img2122ed.jpg

I had an attempt at putting on window tints, dad helped me get the glass out thankfully.
img2124da.jpg

img2123ka.jpg

But it went wrong =[!!!
img2126g.jpg

This is the colour scheme I am hoping to get, I know it wont look as good but it looks good on the golf!

img2125.png

Its running a lucas pump, not too sure on what turbo..not had the chance to have a look underneath.

I hear about the 18psi 115bhp simple mod which I hope to do in the near future..

It has 99k on the clock now, the previous owner looked after it very very well..service book stamped upto 94k.

He had the timing belt changed at 34000 miles...

When should I be looking at changing the belt?

Also, im 20..paying £1700 on the insurance, what do you 306 owners pay?(generally asking)

what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
hurry and get some more posts in so you can post pics

Emm id be looking at getting the timing belt done sooner than later. changes are normally around 4 yearly or 60k unless it chain driven but the 306 isnt

Asking about the insurance wont give you a good idea as it will depend on postcode etc as well but it sounds about right. 18 year old cadet of mine is paying £1200 for a 1.2 punto and were in a low risk area

hurry and get some more posts in so you can post pics

Emm id be looking at getting the timing belt done sooner than later. changes are normally around 4 yearly or 60k unless it chain driven but the 306 isnt

Asking about the insurance wont give you a good idea as it will depend on postcode etc as well but it sounds about right. 18 year old cadet of mine is paying £1200 for a 1.2 punto and were in a low risk area

Scotland has a low risk area? Whenever I've been up that way I never came to a stop in fear of the little scrotes stealing my wheels if I stopped:lol:

haha herb once your away from the cities then alot of areas arent that bad. the cows and sheep have no need of cars yet. but id still keep the wheels moving in 'fechan and gretna.

doesnt look too shabby for an old car. if thats the red your after im sure its called tornado red LY3D

So I purchased some half leather seats on ebay for £6.50..

Finally picked them up, and got my dad to fit them in!

What do you think??

246qvs1.jpg

..I'll be having the rear screen tinted tomorrow(Thats a pain in the ass)

Too true. It's not that bad when you know how to do it. Best way would be to remove the window in question but as this isn't always possible it can get fidly with the window still in the car.

I struggle with puttig screen protectors on phones.. I might try it though.

It is difficult if you dont know what your doing(like me) ..i was getting frustrated!!

But with the experience i am now a peugeot 306 glass removing professional.

Tinting is very easy though! Curves glass you have to shrink the tint, technical!

nice mate, I always wanted a cherry red one myself...

Mines Nile blue,

Cam belt change is definately something that should be done next.... Pug recommend every 72k but and haynes say 36k, i changed mine on the 1.9 when it reached 40k, for the cost of a belt and stuff its not worth leaving it so before you do the performance mods id do that...and yes... its a right bar-steward of a
job to do...
Ill be doing the one on my 205 dturbo soon, ill post a guide up, even though this is a different car the engine is 99% the same and so is the prosedure...

Couldn't get the rear glass tinted..damn the curves in the glass and cheap tint paper!! Spent £30 on crap paper, and now im about to spend even more on good paper!

I hope to get a service in at 100000, and then belt change at 104k.

reccomend anywhere to purchase the parts?

ebay item no:

know cheaper>=quality? let me know =]

So I purchased some half leather seats on ebay for £6.50..

Finally picked them up, and got my dad to fit them in!

What do you think??

246qvs1.jpg

..I'll be having the rear screen tinted tomorrow(Thats a pain in the ass)

Did you get a rear bench to? can you do this with any model, i got a 1.4 XL and majorly want these seats! looking sweet though

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back