What to do w/ my evo X!

evoXmc

Car
Lancer EVO X GSR
Hey guys!
I justed wanted to ask what sort of modifications should I be doing to my evo X (performance wise)?? Heard from a friend i should take the cat out and use a 3" exhaust. Is it illegal to take the cat out? Also any suggestions on boost gauges or intakes etc. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi threre - you are the first EVO X owner we have. (OK so we're jealous now!)

Yes it is illegal to remove the cat and you will not pass the emissions test if you were caught in a roadside inspection. It is better to get a sports cat although in reality the standard cat flows pretty well. The best mod you can do is get a boost controller or remap the ECU.

Next off is a custom rebuilt turbo - have a chat with Simon Norris of Norris designs for more advise on turbo options. A lot depends on how much you want to spend and how far you wish to go. Most Owners I know have just fitted an Autronics boost controller and induction kit. (Hope you post up some pics when you get to 10 posts - I'd really like to see it! )

Thanks Waynne! Ill defiantly look into that. Quick question, how do I get in touch with Simon Norris of Norris designs??

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back