What the hell have I let myself in for!!!!!!

OK so I have just checked my very expensive watch and it is definitely not April the 1st :blink:

Not sure what your drinking these days TN but is it safe? and more importantly can I get it in Sainsbury's? :lol:

I was waiting for some sort of retraction of this thread from you and I was on standby with this:
delete.jpg

If I can help you any buddy both I and the staff at the sanitarium are waiting to help you in any which way we can
smiley-char154.gif

I wish you the very best of British with this one and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear your plans! :bigsmile:

I would never have known that was a Land Rover once upon a time :embarrest:

I shall be watching this one with great interest TN :)

Not sure Pg. Depends on how much work my dad gets.
Any day he has off we'll crack on.
He did one a few years ago and it did only take around 4 to 5 months and that one needed alot more work than this.
It needs a few bits of welding here and there. The most work will be cleaning it up. It's caked in filth.
Haven't really sorted all the details yet but I hope to clean and paint pretty much everything we can to make it look fresh again.

I knew straight away, being a previous Landy owner I should! Also worked on the older series doing restoration.

I thought you'd been reading the weight reduction thread and ended up getting a bit carried away!

Good luck with the project, this is going to be an interesting one to follow.

Yea that doesn't look like a looooooot of work at all mate, as long as you share with picks it's all good by me.

Been down today but forgot to take any pics. :sad2:

It's all fully in bits now and work can start on the chassis.
It's not in too bad condition considering it's age.
It's got a few dodgy repairs that will get sorted but the main thing is stripping it back to bare metal so we can give a fresh lick of paint.

Got my mother to send me a few pics of where it's at now.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
Bit more progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
That's all the pics I have for now. The bulkhead is now painted.
Next job is the front axle and painting the chassis and she'll be ready for building back up. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back