What sort of alloys do you prefer?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There are so many types of alloy around. I'm starting to like the OZ rally Toruismo WRC's.

Do you prefer fewer spokes? Thin or thick spokes? Is colour a consideration or do you purely look for weight and durability?

for me alloys are purely about the looks i dont really look into weight reduction but i do look at trying to not follow the heard perfect example on seat cupra net you look at the owners diarys and i would say 90% of the leons on their have audi alloys dont get me wrong they do look good on a leon but like i say im an individual and try and be different thats why i opted for the mk5 gti alloys only 1 other member tried them and got slated for it but i say fcuk it its my car if i like them i dont care what anyone else says (but they are on their 4th different colour change at present)

It depends on the car you are putting them on. If I was building a track car I'd go lightweight, but I agree rims are about looks. Certain designs look good on certain cars. For me they must also be co-ordinated with the rest of the car. Personally I like chrome, silver or black.

It depends on the car you are putting them on. If I was building a track car I'd go lightweight, but I agree rims are about looks. Certain designs look good on certain cars. For me they must also be co-ordinated with the rest of the car. Personally I like chrome, silver or black.

totally agree mate just my opinion but i dont think chrome rims look good unless they are 20" or bigger so personally i think they suite 4x4's more than any other car

definitely makes the car look better. My car sits on the original 16" and really lets it down. There's the same car going round with 19's and it looks amazing !!

I want to put an 18inch multi spoke alloys on my car. They look beautiful (R32 type). If only I can find them in blue :)

for me alloys are purely about the looks i dont really look into weight reduction but i do look at trying to not follow the heard

In that case, design your own and get them made. Not as daft as it sounds. There are at least a couple of wheel maufacurers that will take your design, tweak it to make it safe, and make you a set. For a slightly higher fee you can even have exclusivity - now that is definitely not following the herd :)