Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What should I buy ?

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 5 May 2018.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    My 85 Starion like me is in need of regular attention to keep going and I feel that it is time for 1 of us to retire from motorsport so have been seriously looking at what I should buy to replace it

I have thought long and hard and have come to the conclusion that a 2007-20012 Honda Civic Type R would be a good car that will have more safety features as well as sporty handling as I hope to still do track days for a few years to come God willing:)

Would appreciate your opinions on the pros |B OR cons \B regarding the Type R

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Honda-Civic-2008/OAG-AD-15803107/?Cr=12

2. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Check our Mighty Car Mods on You Tube, they've done work on a civic. JDM for the win :)

TCJBOLDIE likes this.
  3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    :rofl: with the PVC roll cage ,intercooler and false BOV noises and app 49 KW on the dyno :lol: |B

4. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    POWER!
    Gotta love those unicorns :rofl:

5. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

civic r is a good choice IMHO

6. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I would prefer the first Integra Type R but to get one that has relatively low mileage is difficult so it will be a toss up between the later Teg and Civic R's.

7. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I've been looking at Civics as a possible replacement for my car, the bullet proof reliability is a major consideration.

8. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    My other 1/2 had an Accord for many years with only a battery replacement needed It was a great car that is now my no 2 sons daily drive car.