What respray would you go for? If money were no object?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If money was no object what respray would you go for? Why would you choose that colour/effect?

for me this depends entirely on the type of car.

for cars similar to say a '70 pontiac gto, it would be a deep metallic colour, probably primary (red, yellow or blue) 3 clear coats and cut down to produce a perfecto finish!

on jap/import tuners i would go for a dark colour, my favourite would either be black or midnight blue. i suppose white would be good in pearl, but not too in your face.

dream cars, hypercars and showcars will have the special effect, multi tonal, shimmer paints etc. just to produce an intricate suit for an intricate car.

it it was a chavvy nova (no offence to those who owned novas..good car) then it would be a cheap black with clear lacquer that had glitter in. i had the pleasure of seeing this in blackpool once and it was just rediculous!

chrome, just to be different

Nice chrome would be cool.
This is my fave colour.
speed201220workshop.jpg

I'd like the same sort of light blue colour my Peugeot is, I'd just like to make it look deeper, then maybe have a little bit of a metalflake finish just to make it pop. Simple and elegant :)

Just out of interest, does any one know how much a paint job like that would cost, like that style, maybe not as many coats to cut the cost down.

Quite alot i'd imagine. Have a word with I think his name is Timmy.
He owns Brieley Coachworks I think. He'll prob be the best one to give you a rough idea of cost.

Just out of interest, does any one know how much a paint job like that would cost, like that style, maybe not as many coats to cut the cost down.

At least a couple of grand mate.

I quite like my silver. But if money were no object i'd go for Premium Pearl White (from the Honda S2000).

shame lol but if money were no object defiantly that one lol, mind you if money were no object id probably go for somehting more extreme, like a grafiti look or somehting

id go mat black all the way on the right car matt black looks sweeeet ... i saw the mat black ferrari 599 in central london looked like a dam bat mobile cant get it out my head

for me color all depends on the car. certain colors look good on certain cars. also the driver. take a miata or mx5 from mazda. just about any color will look good on it as long as it isn't some off the wall color and has the right kits. for my burb, planning a black primary with silver/chrome trim.

For my car I wanted black body with a pealecant white bonnet, in a very similar style to the hans RX in tokyo drift, then some gold detailing down the side and a vinyl anime charicter behind the doors on each side.... I was quoted 5 grand... so def a money no object paint job LOL

i would go with a light blue flip green sorta colour. bit like u get on the corsa c. but only more eyecatching and bright. possibly a bit more flourescent or i would go with a red flip pink colour. i prefer the red flip pink colour . there was a corsa b in a mag that had this red flip pink colour. it looked sweeeeeet.

On my impending alfa, stock red with the standard kit, i think that looks best. but when i get my hands on some autodelta bodywork ( 147 EVO turbo style ) then maybe a silver to black fade like the one they have on the main autodelta site, that looked great.