What order to strip a car

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Alex and I have started to strip my spare Chevy Blazer. I had started to do it last summer - ECU, dash gauges, mirrors, etc.

He wanted to back it into the barn so he could get the engine out more easily so we hooked it up to my other Blazer to drag it round. Slight problem - it was in PARK and you need the ignition on to move the stick into DRIVE! Oh bugger. Reconnected the battery but no joy. So we resigned ourselves to dropping the propshaft.

AS the ground/grass was still wet we decided to remove the interior where it stood. Another problem - front seats needed to be moved forward to get to rear bolts! I solved this one by hot wiring the seats :)

As the centre console fixings were broken we decided to rip it out. Once done we discovered a small solenoid on the gear lever that when pressed allowed us to move the lever! Yipeee!

This just goes to show that cars sometimes need to be taken apart in a certain order. I have Sierra Cosworths sussed, but anyone had any problems with other cars where they did something out of order and really messed up their day?

Alex and I have started to strip my spare Chevy Blazer. I had started to do it last summer - ECU, dash gauges, mirrors, etc.

He wanted to back it into the barn so he could get the engine out more easily so we hooked it up to my other Blazer to drag it round. Slight problem - it was in PARK and you need the ignition on to move the stick into DRIVE! Oh bugger. Reconnected the battery but no joy. So we resigned ourselves to dropping the propshaft.

AS the ground/grass was still wet we decided to remove the interior where it stood. Another problem - front seats needed to be moved forward to get to rear bolts! I solved this one by hot wiring the seats :)

As the centre console fixings were broken we decided to rip it out. Once done we discovered a small solenoid on the gear lever that when pressed allowed us to move the lever! Yipeee!

This just goes to show that cars sometimes need to be taken apart in a certain order. I have Sierra Cosworths sussed, but anyone had any problems with other cars where they did something out of order and really messed up their day?

No