What is your idea of bad styling

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What things would you say ruin a cars styling? Of all the mods out there are there some that just scream TAT and TACKY or does it depend on how they are fitted and the finish?

Is it something that depends on the base car more than the parts added? A 3 inch exhaust looks great on a Supra but pretty daft on a 1.0 something!

All I have to say is Oh My God.....
stevie_d_focus4.jpg

Over sized spoilers.Just look daft,and like you said big exhausts and loud.Sounds like a skyline/scooby coming down the road then it turns out to be a 1.1 saxo/corsa.

It looks like its melting :amazed:. Perhaps the exhausts are too hot. What is going on with those arches? In fairness it probably is a "work in progress" so I'll reserve judgment but :blink:!

It may be a "work in progress" But whats with the two platforms coming out the back? :blink:

It may be a mess of styles, but there has been a lot of time, effort and enthusiasm put into it so far and he hasn't gone down the easy route of lots of stick on bits. I would like to see the finished acticle, I wouldn't be surprised if it changed somewhat during the process (the rear ears for example could disappear).

If you see it again, TN, put an invitation to join TC under the wiper.

Update - Just noticed that this was taken in foreign lands - that explains a lot ;)

Last edited:
for me i don't care what you do with your car as long as everything blends well together. i will post up a link of the RICER Z's section on my other forum if you say its okay wayne. you can have a wonderful car but screw the pooch with the styling but you can also take a ford festiva and make it into something classy and unique. instead of just grabbing things that look "koooll" think about how everything comes together for the final pic. it don't take much to photo shop parts onto a car so see what it would look like.

Its got to be oversized chrome wheels for me. There is a scooby round my way that has chrome spinners! poor thing

22" chrime rims with 1" of tire on em on a 4x4 is my biggest styling pet peave. I just want to slap the idiots driving those. gotta be thinking "Hey look at me. I've got 20" of clearance and 22" rims. Oh crap a speed bump."

Chrome on a modern car tends to look out of place, and depsite all of the crimes against good taste (or at least my opinion on it) is to slap massive wheels on a car without doing anything else. I call it the "Cartwheel Effect". 1.1 Saxo with 17s?! Look at the rusty drum brakes and rough looking wheel arch, look how much taller the car is!

Chrome on a modern car tends to look out of place, and depsite all of the crimes against good taste (or at least my opinion on it) is to slap massive wheels on a car without doing anything else. I call it the "Cartwheel Effect". 1.1 Saxo with 17s?! Look at the rusty drum brakes and rough looking wheel arch, look how much taller the car is!

And the disc brakes the size of bean tin lids look a bit lost.

i think the typical citroen and the pergeots look so tackey when the by racers get their first car and try and make it look cheap.. i see them all the time and it just looks so bad, they need some style and to have those cars SCRAPPED!! :p

Bubble Corsas wih massive body kits that look awful. Then on further inspection you notice the drums have been painted red so that everybody can see the owner has spent nothing of real note on the performance, other than an exhaust that makes the little 1.0 litre engine sound like a Mustang!

Lexus lights are another thing I don't like. Rims that look at tin foil are another one. Unfortunately thid year the F1 mirrors look like they've come into fashion, IMO they look hirrible and don't suit anything but an F1 car!

i think the typical citroen and the pergeots look so tackey when the by racers get their first car and try and make it look cheap.. i see them all the time and it just looks so bad, they need some style and to have those cars SCRAPPED!! :p

what the huge alloys, angel eyes, lexus lights and badly fitted bodykit normally not matched to the paintwork

Around here it seems if you under 20 and you own a saxo or 106 then rear lexus lights are a MUST.

Personally i hate them.