what is your car for you?

Tom2000

Car
Fox RS 2.6Ti
For a lot of people, it’s not just about having a car. It’s more than that, it’s a passion. ➡️ Does your car only help you get from A to B, or is it something more than that?

Hello and welcome Tom 2000 . |B

With a tag like that I'm guessing that you are barely out of your teens. ? :)

If you care to check out my posts hopefully you will find that not only that I love them but also more importantly I am very passionate about improving ones skills behind the wheel instead of looking cool.

IMO most people who only use the car for just a grocery getter are in general poor drivers who have over time fell into bad habits and most likely never any further instruction since obtaining the right to drive on our roads.

My car at the moment is a workhorse, but I have a passion for cars and modding and upgrading them that will never go.

I just need the time, money and opportunity really.

Driving is always an enjoyable experience, even if it's a boring commute.

At 67 I am at the other end of the age scale compared with Tom here... but I still have a passion for cars!. I can still remember the thrill of getting my first car. It was a BMW Isetta 300 "bubble car" three wheeler. I was just sixteen - you could drive it on a motorcycle license back then. The 300 stands for 300 cc. Yes, it really did only have a one cylinder, air cooled engine.! It also only had one door that opened up the whole front of the vehicle; There were two wheels at the front and just one at the back so it was not exactly stable. ! It was a very unreliable little car but I learned hell of a lot by keeping it going.

These days my passion is more for improving on the original design where in my opinion it needs it. In fact, I would say that I actually prefer working on a project - like restoring a classic car for example - than actually driving it.! That may be down to a sad general decline in driving standards on our roads that I have witnessed over the years. What really boils my piss, however, is people who text on their mobiles while driving. That comes a close second to the idiots who either take drugs or drink before getting behind the wheel. If that make me a grumpy old man...then so be it.

Incidentally, I am a long time member of the IAM and an honorary life member of the Jaguar Driver's Club.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back