What is the scoop called with the three swiveling disks on hot rods or muscle cars?

tinovw

Car
Trabant 601
HI all, I'm new to all this.
I was wondering what the thing outlined in red in the picture is called. I want to install a new engine in my trabant 601. It's the old DDR car from east germany. (I live in germany). I would like to have an engine that has this "scoop" on it. Yet I don't know where to find them or what they're called. Thanks in advance guys.

Peace
engine.jpg

Re: What is the scoop called with the three swiveling disks on hot rods or muscle car

looks like its an old fashioned supercharger if your on about the thing on top.

the only other thing i can see in red, that isnt a connection, would be the dizzy cap.

Re: What is the scoop called with the three swiveling disks on hot rods or muscle car

The scoop is called an 'Injector hat' or bug catcher & as PG mentioned you normally find them on top of Roots style superchargers (except in your pic there is no supercharger). They are found on carb'd & injected V8 engines. So basically you want to fit a supercherged V8 into your 601, which is a win in my book! :bigsmile:

blown-chevy-1.jpg

A 'bloody big blower!'​

cool guys thanks for the help! Anyone know of any complete v8's with this bug catcher supercharger for sale? Or can one separately buy it? If yes is there a website for it? Much appreciated thanks.

Peace

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back