What is the EVRY mod

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know what the EVRY mod is? What does it stand for? Does it harm the engine?

From what I can make out it is a resistor placed on the air intake sensor.

Like most cheap wonder mods it cant help a properly set up engine.

The idea is that the changed reading tricks the ecu into increasing the amount of fuel supplied to the engine.

But unless you are running too lean I cant see how it could help and in fact can only do harm especially on turbo engines

maybe if you used it with an electric fan supercharger they would work together ????

Never heard that term but the description sounds like one of those cheap 'power chips' that send a false reading to the ecu making it think the ambient temp is lower than it actually is, the idea being to boost power a bit through minor fuelling/timing changes.

However what happens when it is quite a hot day. Detonation. Bye bye motor.

Best to be wary of cheap easy power.

I think we're all agreed on this. It's a WASTE of time and effort.

If extra torque was this easily available without compromising driveability, economy and reliability then all manufacters would recalibrate their ECUs.

Over fuelling, especially with a petrol engine can do serious mechanical damage. Petrol is a good solvent and it washes the microscopic oil film from the cylinder walls. Bad news

^^ So there's a difference between running rich and over fuelling, as the GTS Skyline tends to run rich to the point of spitting flames, and this is apparently quite normal for them?

Spitting flames is more common with turbo cars, rotaries, and n/a engines pushing the limits (cam overlap and timing).

I think though the big problem with these power chips is they send a fake signal.

When the incoming air is cold you can safely add extra fuel to the mix to gain power, when its hotter mix the ecu will pull fuel out.
What happens with these chips (resistors really), is they tell the ecu 'yeah it's 30 degrees, go for it' but in actual fact it is 35 degrees (or whatever).

The damaging fact is that you are giving your car incorrect information to deal with, so 'bad info in equals bad info out'.

^^^^ beautifully put ^^^^

Far better to remap the thing and let the ECU control things properly according to accurate information rather than just distorting input data, thus fooling the ECU into chucking in the wrong amount of fuel.

This kind of 'tuning' is nonsense. Might as well just alter the speedometer dial so it says 70 when the car is doing fifty and fool the driver into thinking he's going faster.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back