What is the biggest vehicle you've ever driven.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
In terms of weight or size what is the largest vehicle you've ever driven?

Was it fun? What is the biggest car you can see yourself living with on a daily basis?

drive a lot of yank stuff cars and trucks
plus uk vans a of all sizes
i would love to have a twin wheel yank pick up like the f350 but is to big to park at home

7.5 tonne truck a few times when moving house. In the states have driven RAM2500 crewcab pickup. Other than that it's the Discovery 2 I have now which is nothing compared to some cars out there.

Used to own a double decker bus - RouteMaster. Used it to transport horse jumps to the shows we ran. Also doubled as a judges platform.

My daily driver is a Hummer H2 with slightly larger wheels. I have a C driving license and for that purpose I learned to drive a 20 ton truck. A truck is slow and it does not accelerate or brake but it is fun for a day. The Hummer is probably one of the fastest road legal trucks (>3,5tons) on the road. Still it drives like a truck.

I once was let loose in a Unimog on some private land , i can't remeber the exact model but it was BIG.......and lots of fun!!!

I've always wanted a mkII Transit with the 2.0l Pinto engine I could live quite happily inside one of those at the weekends and shows

Last edited:
I havn't driven anything massive. Only things you can get with your normal licence. I did have a go in a 7 toner but that was not on road so that doesn't count.

When I retire, Id like to own a massive 6L truck like all the yanks have. Dive around the country side polluting and what not. Yeah, sounds good. Something that gives off the same emissions as an oil tanker.

Try and heat this country up a bit! Allthough, we all know that wont happen, as global warming was invented to get more money off us.

Way back i took my HGV1 so drove an artic, have driven Scammel and Foden recovery trucks, Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle [BARV] that's fun, doing beach recoveries. The biggest thing i have hit however was a C130 Hercules !!!!!!!!!! It was at Evenes airport in Northern Norway. I was collecting some engines and driving an 8tonne truck. What happens is that you do not reverse onto anything using your mirrors, the ground handler directs the driver, in fact you fold the mirrors in to prevent the natural desire to look. I was reversing, following the signals of the chap in front at about 0.1 mile per year when all of a sudden there's a clump and a shout from behind. This crabfat [RAF] jumps out of the cargo area and starts gobbing off at me, so i naturally explained in my best manner [as Marines do] that the chap in front is in charge, i even went to point him out. Mmmmm, he'd legged it, possibly a smart move. Anyway the Herc was undamaged, as was the crabfat as he shut up when things were explained to him.
Oh well, plenty of time for more ski-ing. :lol::lol:

K folks we gone to the forest, gone on private roads, and in private yards, even been to the beach..

Would it be acceptable if we step into the water and go to the Ocean?

It that's ok with all, how about a 117 meter, Bulk-Carrier, with a DWT (dead weight tonnage) of 45k tonnes?...........

"Driven" that from port of Chennai, South India, to Rostock, East Germany, through the Suez Canal, and Straits of Dover, And Gibralter, and visiting Turkey and also up the Danube to Gadanz, Poland.

Was training to be a Navigation Officer in the Merchant Navy.

Does that count?

Oh yes! Would not mind living in/with it as my everyday drive too...... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
I hear that they're a bit tight on roundabouts ! :lol::lol:

True dat CB, n dats not all;

What with the under-steer, the sluggish steering, the loose brakes, and the
emission levels, its a passionate driver that is needed.

On the plus side though, you have enough leg-room, head-room and the ICE includes a sauna, swimming pool, and a Big Screen TV.

Sure beats a compact!

And then when you wanna go, you can go, on the go, with having to pull over!

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

True dat CB, n dats not all;

What with the under-steer, the sluggish steering, the loose brakes, and the
emission levels, its a passionate driver that is needed.

On the plus side though, you have enough leg-room, head-room and the ICE includes a sauna, swimming pool, and a Big Screen TV.

Sure beats a compact!

And then when you wanna go, you can go, on the go, with having to pull over!

:lol::lol::lol: